Ch66: Second Thought??

Putting on the red veil on her head, Koyli made Bondita look at her reflection. She looked like a bride, dressed in red benarasi and embellished with designed jewelleries. Sumati kissed her daughter's forehead. Its the day of her baby shower and Sumati's eyes became moist by the fact that her little daughter is going to be a mother soon.

"meri Bondita ko kisi ki nazar na lagey" she said while putting the kala tika. Koyli and Bondita both smiled. Binoy and Kaka were busy attending the guests among whom Priyam and her father were also present. "Tameez se pesh ana, sasur hain tere" is what kaka warned his insolent youngest son. Everything was fine, everything was happy. Batuk and Priyam's Dynamics of relationship was also changing along with Anidita's life.

Everything was going great! Perfect!

But then that sudden ghust of wind...and the four lives...

Let's talk about that later!

"

Ahem!" Anirudh cleared his throat, ruining the mother-daughter moment since he wanted to talk to his wife but how will he say it to Sumati maa?

Sumati understood the situation and smirked, "Bondita tu apne pati babu se baat kar, mein ati hu".

As soon as Sumati and Koyli left, Anirudh entered the room. Bondita twirled slowly, "kaisi lag rahi hu mein?"

"Acchi" he complimented but in the most disinterested way possible while brushing his own hair. This irked Bondita who then snatched the comb and threw it away.

"MAINE PUCHA KAISI LAG RAHI HU MEIN!"

"Kaha na acchi".

"Roz se alag nehi lag to rahi ho, dulhan jaisi aur maine to tumhe dulhan bane huye dekha hain na shadi k wakt" he said casually and picked up his musked perfume, busy in grooming himself.

"O accha apne usdin dekha tha mujhe? Yaad hain apko? Mujhe laga ki ap kisi aur k yaadon mein khoyi" Bondita folded her arms and said in the most sarcastic way possible.

Hearing this made him clear his throat in discomfort, "attention-seeking is a bad habit, ye sikhaogi tum humare bacche ko".

Bondita stood in front of him and the mirror, "jab Bondita samne ho tabh pati babu ka attention sirf Bondita pe hona chahiye, kisi aur pe nehi, apne ap pe bhi nehi".

This made him chuckle. He pulled her closer and embraced her in the most soothing and peaceful hug. Yes, it was difficult for them to embrace each other due to her pregnancy yet she clenched his shirt tightly and rested her head on his chest unless a call from Kaka addressing Anirudh ruined the moment.

But before leaving, Anirudh picked up the box of kohl from the table.

"Ap kajal lagayenge kya"

He with his ring finger, marked a spot behind her ears and then on her abdomen and kissed it, "Meri patni aur mere hone wale bacche ko kisi ki nazar na lagey".

Bondita only watched his antics silently and realised his happiness of being a father. She was glad that she was able to gift him this.

Anirudh kissed her forehead and left for the hall. Bondita was lost in some thoughts when a knock at the door made her look at it. It was none other than Sampoorna standing with a wide smile. "Bondita meri behen" she said and hugged her before she could even react.

"Ap yaha kyu aye didi".

"Maafi mangne" she said joining her hand and shedding tears, "itne saalon se maine apni behen k sath bohot bura kiya hain par mein kya karti, tere saurav Jamai babu..."