Ch64: Love makes Death Beautiful

Bondita walked up the bloody mess on the floor that had been her adversary. He was grotesque. Already his eyes were swollen over and bloody spit drooled from his slack jaws. She walked down the stairs like a puppet, taking very small and slow steps. Her face was pale and seemed like all emotions were washed away from her face.

Bondita was petrified by the view but without thinking of her own health, she ran towards him but Iqbal held her hand tightly and prevented her to go near him. Anirudh's auditory ability was becoming unclear so was his vision but he could see Bondita crying and trying to reach him. He could do nothing but watch her struggle. She was yelling his name and when she revolted more, they dragged her by her hair, away from him.

"Suno Bondita" that man hissed at her, "hum tumhe chor rahe hain, jao tum yaha se" but Bondita was not ready to leave him at all. She looked at Anirudh who smiled at her with moist eyes and gestured her to leave from there.

Her eyes were red and swelled up due to continuous crying. She looked tired and distressed and her body froze when Zafar smirked at her evilly and pointed the gun towards Anirudh, a gun with only one bullet, enough to snatch her pati babu from her forever.

She looked at him and recalled all the difficult situations they had faced together while others continued to ask her to leave the place, their voices remained unheard by her.

He was about to pull the trigger but She freed herself from Iqbal and ran towards Zafar and stood exactly between her pati babu and the gun.

"Hato Bondita"

She pressed the gun to her stomach, "mein yaha apni vachan lene ayi hu aur mein yahi chahati hu ki tum ye goli mujhpe chalao" she said boldly.

"Ye tum galat kar rahi ho Bondita" Zafar stammered a bit, "tum jaante ho maine apne jannatnashen Abba ko vada kiya tha hum wo vaada nehi tod sakte"

"Tumne mujhse bhi vaada kiya tha ki mein jo chahu mang sakti hu to fir yahi mein chahati hu" he said and held Zafar's hand that was hoping to hold the gun. She pressed it to her stomach, "chalao goli!"

"Mein apne abba ko diya huya vaada nehi tod sakta!"

"Mein yahi chahati hu, yahi meri mange hain tumse ki pati babu ko maarne ne se pehele tumhe mujhe maarna hoga. Agar mujhe nehi maar paye to mere pati babu ko bhi nehi maar paoge tum, chalo goli mujhpe, fir unpe aur le lo apna badla...tumhe to bass badla chahiye, tumhe kya fark padta hain ki saalo pehele apne baba ko kya vaada kiya tha".

"Anirudh samjha apni patni ko ki haat jay varna sachme goli chal jayga!" Zafar groaned in anger but she stood in front of him boldly.

"B...Bondita..."

Bondita heard his faint voice and ran towards him. Iqbal was about to hold her but Zafar gestured him not to. After Bondita was ready to embrace death wholeheartedly for Anirudh, He wanted to see to which extent can these to go although he was determined to kill Anirudh no matter what.

Bondita embraced an injured Anirudh and caressed his hair just like he does to her, and kissed his forehead.

"Anirudh apni patni ko bol yaha se hat ne k liye" said Zafar but they both remained in the same position. Tears of each other mixed like two eternal souls of heaven. She could hear Zafar filling the bullets one by one.

"Bondita tum nehi hati yaha se to apne pati ka maut ankho k samne dekhna parhega tumhe" but she paid no attention to what he said. Both embraced themselves like unseperated souls.

"Bondita please tum jao yaha se" he whispered but she nodded her head in denial.

"Tumhe meri kas...."