Ch65: Ghust of Happiness

One week has passed after our return. Despite me being injured, nobody was able to save me from Kaka's anger.

"Gair zimmedar ladka!" Shouted kaka at me, "bahu ko akele chor diya tha ghar pe, hum sab ko kuch nehi bataya tuney".

I rolled my eyes. Is he forgetting that it's not me but his ladli bahu who lied to them and followed me? I looked at Bondita who was sitting like a queen on the couch and was nibbling on mangoes. She looked at me and giggled to which I glared. The fact that now she was a highly sympathized member of her house, she was misusing her powers.

"Kaka Sasurji" she cried out all of a sudden, "pati babu mujhe gusse se ghur rahe hain". Kaka smacked my head hard, "bahu ko kyu ghur raha hain tu?" Kaka patted her head with a warm smile.

"Mein andar a sakti hu kya?" Said a sweet voice along with a knock at the door. Priyam stood there with two bags in her. After returning when we learned about Batuk and her relationship, I was very contented because I know her and she has a very sweet personality.

"Dekho Priyam beta" said Kaka grumpily, "tum acchi ladki ho par vivah pehele yaha ana aur pati se milna...."

"Kaka sasurji" Bondita interrupted him, "vivah se pehle har ladki ko pata hona chahiye ki uski kissey vivah ho raha gain, milna chahiye, janna chahiye".

"Kutark shuru" Said kaka, being frustrated, "tum mili thi kya apne pati babu se? Nehi na? Galat nikla kya humara ladka? Nehi na?"

I winked at her secretly when kaka said "galat nikla kya humara ladka?" To which she glared at me. Anyways, Priyam came inside and I left both of them to have some chat together.

Bondita's pov
"Bondita dekho mein chote baccho k kapde layi hu" she said excitedly and took out a few clothes from her bag but the clothes were not that of an infant but a toddler. "Priyam" I stopped her, "kapde to acche hain par navjaat shishu itne bade nehi hotey".

She frowned at me and looked at the clothes once again," mujhe idea nehi hain, maine navjaat shishu nehi dekhi na kabhi".

"Koi baat nehi" I assured her, "dekh lena jab tumhare khud k bacche honge" I teased her while she folded those clothes back, "nehi baba!" Exclaimed Priyam, "mujhe bacche sambhal na nehi ata. Mein na ek kaam karungi, mein unhe tumhare pas bhej dungi, tum sambhal lena"

We laughed together and had a cheerful conversation unless Sampoorna didi came with a plate of fruits. Not that she wanted to feed me but she was forced to and I know that. I haven't told this to anyone but the day I left for Darjeeling, She knew about my pregnancy by the symptoms yet she didn't talk to me and allowed me for the long hectic journey.

If pati babu gets to know about this, he will again start shouting that I don't want it at all. All I want is to be happy then only my child will grow into a healthy baby.

After Priyam left, Pati babu came inside and picked me up all of a sudden to which I got scared. "Pati babu mujhe niche utariye" I pleaded but he picked me up and rotated while I wrapped my arms around her neck and giggled. I can't explain how much happy we both were. He is usually a grumpy and serious kind of person and I have never seen him behaving so childish. There was a constant smile fixed on his lips with a shine of happiness and I am glad that I could give him this happiness.

All I want is to see him gappy like thus, always. He made me sit on his lap and wrapped one arm around my waist and held my other hand gently. She kissed my knuckled and whispered, "thank you Bondita" and embraced me more firmly. The kind of satisfaction that I saw in his eyes, I have never seen before.

Everyone was so happy at our house. Baba had informed all his friends about the news. All the villagers congratulated me. Pati babu went to Devipur himself to inform thus to maa but due to my health, I couldn't visit along with him although I wanted to meet her. She said that she will come to meet me soon. Kaja Sasurji had distributed a silver coin to all the villagers. Som dada and Batuk gave our room a makeover, making it look like a child's room, full of toys and drawings. Bhari kaka was not even letting me enter the kitchen.