Ch69: Should not Love

First of all
The name of this book will be changed into -

Tark- his penned Chronicles
(Since this book is Batuk's diary)

And the book cover will be changed too so donot get confused.

"Tum soyi nehi abhi tak" Batuk entered her cabin while rubbing his eyes when he noticed her making some kind of drawing on a sheet. She looked at him and frowned, "are you forgetting that I am insomniac?".

Batuk sat beside her and looked at the drawing of Taj Mahal and immediate he asked a curious question, "tumne Taj Mahal dekhi hain?"

"Ha, humare gharpe ek chota sa tha" she said and continued to draw again when all of a sudden she kept the crayon aside and asked him a question, "agar problem Anirudh mein hota to Bondita ko bhi hak hota kya firse shadi karne ki?" A smile crept on Batuk's face hearing the question and his reply was, "Ye sawal tum unhise puchna jinke pas saare prashno ka uttar hota hain".

"Rudy also used to have all answers"

"Rudy who?"

"My friend, he older than me, jew tha, after his family died he took shelter at our home. He used to teach me in the spare time that is when we found the diary but now he is safe in America".

"Ek minute" snapped Batuk, "agar tumhara koi apna tha to jab medical camp mein tumse pucha gaya about your closest people, why did you say you have none?" He scolded her which made her scared, "you could have given your friend's number. Agar unhe is diary mein se number nehi milta na mein yaha ata, aur tum abhi raaste mein pari hoti... How irresponsible you are?"

She stood up and held her waist, "aur agar mein batati Rudy k baare mein, wo log usey yaha bulate, he is jew and he could have been killed. He is safe wherever he is".

Batuk took a deep breath and looked out of the window, at the vast expanse of the sea, "tum bilkul usipar gyi ho, dusro k baare mein sochte sochte khudke life k sath khelna". He whispered it so softly that she could barely hear him.

.....................................

Priyam lied on the bed while her eyes were fixed at the skylights on the ceiling. Her other hand was on the switchboard, switching the lights on and off continuously. Since childhood, she had never taken Decisions, it was always her father and now the biggest decision of her life lies solely in her hand. While she was lost in her thoughts, the phone rang.

She got up and picked it up but before she could utter anything the person on the other side said, "balcony pe ao"

Priyam ran to the balcony and saw Roy Chowdhury's car parked outside. Batuk came out of the phone booth and looked at her with a wide smile, "neeche so".

"Abhi?" She asked and looked here and there

"Haa"

Priyam wrapped a shawl around and rushed downstairs, "tum itni raat ko yaha kyu aye ho Batuk?"

"Do you remember you asked me something?"

She smirked mischievously, "to shah Jahan Ji bana liya apne mere liye wo?"

"Mein mazak nehi kar raha" he said on a serious note and took out something from his pocket. Seeing that, her eyes brimmed with fascination. It was a beautiful semi circle crystal which had a small Taj Mahal sculpted inside.