Ch68: Night Mare

Author's pov
The priest handed him the photograph of the girl of age 24-25 in a beautiful saree, dark round eyes, an epitome of beauty, "sulakhshana, sushil hain ye" added the priest, "aur nakhshatra ka aisa yog hain ki vivah k ek varsh purv his putra santan ka janm degi".

"Humari beti wo har chiz degi apne pati ko jo unhe unki peheli patni na de pyi aur mard to hotehi aise hain, jo aurat khushi degi, pati usika hoga".

"Humme bass apki beti chahiye, sirf wahi humare bete ko wo khushi de sakti hain"

Just then Charu walked in with a tray. She was almost the age of Anirudh, beautiful and decent. She was draped in a blue saree and her hair was tied in a braid. She was happy and her inner self was jumping, finally, Anirudh's kaka had come to take her

Honestly, Kaka never liked Saudamini, he never wanted her to be the bahu, he always thought Charu would be the perfect one but then he married Bondita and the rest is history. Charu touched Kaka's feet in order to take blessings. "Khush raho bahu"

"Ei" whispered Shubhash babu, Charu's father in Mitali's ears, "ye sab to thik hain par Charu ko pata chala ki Anirudh shadi shuda hain  to ye vivah tod degi humari beti".

Mitali looked at all the cash and gold kept on the table that was offered by Trilochan, "kuch nehi hoga, Charu ko mein sambhal lungi, app shadi ki taiyari kijiye".

After the rishta was finalized, Charu ran to her room and hid her face behind her palm, "isssssh"

She looked at Anirudh's photo and blushed continuously, "kabhi socha nehi tha ki hum dono itne kareeb a jayenge, tum mujhse pyar karoge. Kal a rahi hu mein, Tomar Charulata".

They both were really good friends, there were many photos of them together as children. Some were in play outfits others were normal. Anirudh had a lot of respect for her for her unique way of thinking which was very similar to his own and among all friends, Charu was always his first priority. Both were best friends unless he left for London after Shubhra's death. Charu's grand maa always wanted them to end up together but she knew that Anirudh loved someone else at that time. Now finally the wishes were coming true and she felt like he was destined to be hers.

She was very confident that he loves her that is why his kaka was here. An excited Charu packed her best clothes and was excited to meet him.

This fact wasn't hidden from Bondita. Kaka showed her the photo, "ye ladki hain Charu, acchi ladki hain".

"Charu didi to mujhse bohot pyari hain, dekhna pati babu ko dekhte hi inse pyar ho jayga", Bondita looked at the picture, her inner soul was crying yet she remained quiet. "Bahu der ho jay isliye fir se puch rahe hain hum tumse, tumhe koi takleef to nehi hogi na?"

She silently nodded her head in no but Kaka was still not satisfied by her answer.

"Kaka sasurji mein ati hu" she said to avoid the situation because if one more minute she had to wait there, she would have cried.

Bondita raised her saree a few inches above the ground and ran through the lonely corridor. Her long hair flew in the air and her pearly tears rushed through her eyes. She stopped in front of the room and stood there holding the door.

Anirudh was sleeping on the bed Without changing into comfortable clothes. He was so tired that as soon as he threw himself in the bed, he fell asleep.

Bondita watched him with affection, her vision was becoming unclear and she had no courage to go near him and only adored him from a distance.
The more she was watching him, the more she was breaking down. She was unable to accept the fact that in a few days he will not be hers anymore.  She will have to think before coming close to him.