Ch51: Confession

Anirudh's pov
"To tum nehi chal rahi? Itna bhi kya narazgi?" I said helplessly holding my bags. "She turned to the other side, "nehi mein nehi chal rahi, apke 20 din khatam ho chuke hain" now she turned towards me and joined her hands, "abh ap jaa sakte hain".

The pain was not of losing the challenge but of losing her. I had committed such a grave mistake that had broken her so badly that she was still in dilemma, whether to believe me or not.

Even after all I did, she wasn't ready to go with me. Maybe the damage I have done is beyond repair, the pain that I gave her was beyond my repentance. I chuckled with teary eyes and went closer to her, cupping her face I said, "Ye sach hain ki aj agar mein chala gaya fir tumhe lene lautke nehi ayunga par sach ye bhi hain ki tum jab tumhara dil kare tum ajaana, mein intezaar karunga". I saw her pearly tears rolling down her cheeks. I wiped them off, kissed her forehead and turned back to leave. "Socha tha ghar jakei tumhe wo kahunga jo kehena chahata tha par maine vaada kiya hain, chitthi hi sahi par aj raat mein wo keheke rahunga jo tum sunna chahati ho".

Bondita's pov
I could hear the sounds of his footsteps fading but I did not turn back instead covered my mouth to cry. When his footsteps finally faded away completely I sat on the floor and started to cry.

I want to go with him but I am scared of breaking and shattering again and again. I am scared of love and I know him being close to me will lead to my uncontrolled feelings. I don't want to cry anymore. I am a human too and I am tired of his frequent change of heart and mind and I cannot forget the fact that we got divorced and how easily he signed those papers.

He went away....

Sometimes I felt like going to him but then I asked myself to stay strong.

It was afternoon and I desperately wanted my mind to stay away from all these so I started analysing a case file when someone shouted, "Choti malkin Choti malkin".

"Kya hain" I said without looking at the man. "Malkin Chote malik ki ek gari se takkar..."

"Unhe kehe dijiye bar bar ek natak kaam nehi karega" I was still engrossed in the file.

"Malkin baat to suniye"

"Har chiz ki hadh hoti ha Ramu kaka..." I looked up and froze immediately. He was holding pati babu's attire which was filled with blood and he was holding his broken bloodstained watch. I sat on the floor with a jerk when he placed his things on my lap, "unhe haspatal mein bharti kiya hain gaon walo ne" saying he left. I remained in the same state for a while then hugged those tightly and broke down. Now blood was all over my face and Saree.

Batuk's pov
Dada was returning from Devipur but suddenly we got a phone call that he meet an accident. We reached the hospital immediately. Kaka was crying uncontrollably and After a few minutes, Bondita came running. We were already in tremendous tension for him but Bondita had to increase it. I understand she loves him but we were becoming scared for her, the way she was behaving.

"Pati babu!" She screamed in the hospital, "firse natak kar rahe hain" she smiled like a maniac, "andar jaana hain mujhe".

She was acting so crazy that Som dada and I had to hold her.

I know why she was doing like this. It was evident by her words that she was holding herself responsible for all these. Because she said no to him, this happened which is not true and Sampoorna had to add fuel to the fire. Even in such a broken condition she clutched her fist, "abh natak kar k kiya fayda Bondita? Tere zid k wajase hiya hain sab abh log to yahi kahenge na ki kha gyi tu apne pati ko, maar gye..." Before she could complete Bondita covered her ears and shouted, "nehi!"