Ch9: Change of feelings

'Bondita's pov
After what happened at the party, I went to my room and cried the whole night. If you don't love me then please don't care for me so much that I'll be forced to love you.

Yes, I love you and infatuation can be done with but love cannot and my love is not an infatuation. One-sided love is the most dreadful, disgusting and distressful thing. I just can't bear it anymore, I am done with it. I am tired of all these.

I could hear all shouting and scolding Pati babu downstairs. I never wanted this to happen. I know kaka, Som dada, baba n Batuk loves me but how do they know me, because of Pati babu na? Why would they love me? Because of Pati babu...my first parichay here is that I am his wife.

I can't take it anymore so I decided to leave "his" house. Early morning I came out of my room with nothing but my Dugga maa.

First I went to kaka sasurji's room. He was sleeping so I silently touched his feet and went to study. I slowly peeped inside and saw my pati babu sleeping on his armrest itself with his head on his table.

I went nearer and saw tears on his cheeks. I rubbed them off, "abh apko mein rone nehi dungi", touched his feet and left without looking twice at him because his face is enough to melt my heart.

Anirudh's pov
I knew she has not gone far as she will have to travel in bail gari and if I go by car, I will find her.

I had no idea that she had developed sentiment. Yes, she is growing up and from now onwards I'll have to deal with her more carefully.

Batuk's pov
My eyes glimmered with joy when I saw those pair of glass slippers on the display of the shop. Bondita will love it, I know. All the money that I had saved all these years, I spent them all in one go, to buy those beautiful pair of shoes.

Anirudh's pov
I drove my car towards Devipur but my eyes were on road, tracing bail garis. I checked a few of them. Then I, fortunately, stopped another and checked it.

I sighed a relief when I saw Bondita sleeping peacefully inside.

"Choti malkin ko jaga du kya?" Asked the driver.

I stared at her innocent face and recalled my behaviour meted out to her. I picked her up carefully and place her in my car.

I patted her head gently and started driving my car.

While I was driving the car I saw her waking up. She slowly rubbed her eyes and looked at me with a smile but then shouted, "ap?"

"Nehi tumhara mama" I said.

"Ap mujhe kyu le aye, nehi rehna mujhe apke sath!" She blew her cheeks.

"To kiske sath rehna hain, apne mama mami k sath?" I teased her.

Hearing this she gave a very angry look to me. I somehow controlled my laughter.