PROMO XIV

We walked down the stairs walking each other's hands

We walked down the stairs walking each other's hands. This party was thrown in her honour and I was so happy. We looked at each other and smiled.

Today I am so proud of her, people who wanted to kill her in the fire of sati, now wants to meet the first female barrister.

"Ma'am ek photo" said the cameraman. She brought her hair in the front and posed along with me.

"Ma'am ye party apke liye hain to apka akele ka ek...."

Her smile faded away and she looked at me. It was an uncomfortable situation for me, I was in an awkward situation, an embarrassment prevailed. "Nehi mein apne pati babu k sath hi khichwaungi"

"Ma'am humme sirf apki tasveer chahiye after all jo bhi kiya apne akele kiya" he said.

"Nehi mein..." She stammered.

"Bondita, tum khichwao" I held her shoulder.

"Par..."

"Mein yahi hu, tum khichwao" I said and I left her hand and walked away from her.

Photographers and people surrounded her, congratulating her while I admired her from a distance.
"Ma'am congratulations, aj ap jo kuch bhi hain apne dum pe hain, apne akele is samajh se larke aj yaha hain, you are an inspiration".

"Akele!" I let out a painful chuckle.

People walked past me to talk to her
She was busy attending to the guest while I stood at a corner watching her, happily. Happily? Is it?

At the whole party, she didn't come to me once, she was so busy, we didn't have a single conversation. I was feeling like a guest, a left out in my own house. She forgot that I asked her to meet me at 8... Now it was 9... Of course she has her priority list.

"Aur Anirudh" someone placed his hand on my shoulder, I turned back, "tum log!"

My friends had come. We hugged each other. "Kaise ho tum log?" I greeted them happily. "Aur Anirudh miya biwi dono barrister?"

I chuckled hearing this. Of course I always wanted to hear this.

"Abh wo din dur nehi jab patni pati ki
Boss hogi" they laughed. I didn't mind at it at all and laughed with them too unless Sampoorna came to the spot, "Ajeeb hain na, kaam kare koi aur din rat ek karke aur uska phal paye koi aur."