Ch41: The Threat

Phool phool bhavare dole
Man mein gunji teri yaad
Bagh mein papiha bole
Pihu pihu pihu kaha?

jano na? Jano na?

"Agey ki kahani parho na Batuk, Rabindra Sangeet gaa kyu rahe ho?" She said impatiently.

"Kyuki ye sawal Dada k liye upyog hona chahiye..'pihu pihu pihu kaha? Jano na?"

Now he looked at the diary again and continued....

Anirudh's pov
once we reached home, Bondita came running to me in the study and hugged me tightly, portraying her overexcitement and over enthusiasm.

"Kya huya"? I asked her only for formality because I know, puchta nehi fir bhi wo batati.

"Apne meri samasya chumantar kar diya, mein bohot bohot bohot khush hu aj" she spreaded her arms like wings and started rotating.

"To fir mujhe taufa nehi dogi?" I asked her just for fun.

She smacked her head, "buddhu Bondita iske baare mein to tuney socha hi nehi" she started looking here and there. "Kya du?" She asked me.

"Ek kaam karo jo is duniya mein tumhe sabse pyara ho wo do".

and suddenly ran outside.

After a while, she came back with a box and placed it on my palm, "ye raha meri sabse pyara amanat, abhi mein jaa rahi hu Gao k kuch aurto se milne" saying she left.

Bihari came in and started dusting the study. I sat on the crouch and opened the box.

I was in a state of confusion to see a normal wooden mirror in it, not the one I gifted her. I took it out and looked into it, "ajeeb ladki hain, usey kach pasand hain!" I frowned.

Bihari giggled like a silly person. "Has kyu rahe ho Bihari?" I glared at him.

"Chote Malik choti muh bari baat par ap pakar nehi paye malkin ki chaturai ko" he said crackling.

"Matlab?"

"Unhe ye ayena nehi, ayene mein basa chehera pyara hain" said Bihari.

"Konsa chehera?" Saying I looked at the mirror and my eyes widened. My face! Was she talking about me?

"Nehi tum galat soch rahe ho Bihari" I said uncomfortably and forcefully made myself believe too that it's not what it seems, just a normal mirror that's it.

Author's pov
Bondita was returning home by car but suddenly the car stopped, "chalak babu kya huya?"

"Gari kharab ho gyi lagta hain dekhna parega malkin" saying this he got down and checked the car, "Choti malkin, wakt lagega".

"Koi baat nehi mein chali jaungi, ap issey thik karke le ayiye" said Bondita.

"Nehi Malkin, andhera ho gaya hain, apko akele chora to bade Malik gussa karenge" said a feared Driver.

"Ap chinta maat kijiye, kaka sasurji ko mein samjha dungi" saying this she walked alone through the narrow lane.

The road was covered with dry leaves proving that this road remains untravelled by humans. The leaves made a sound as she walked.

But after a while, the leaves started making more sounds as if someone else is also walking. She stopped, the sound stopped. Sighing a relief she continued but again stopped, the sound stopped. She turned back but the road was empty so she continued to walk again.

After a while, she stopped but the sound didn't. As soon as she turned back few boys grabbed her forcefully and covered her mouth. She threw her hands and feet in all directions to save herself. She always carried pepper dust with her as taught by her pati babu. She took out some and sprinkled them in their eyes.