21

Lily was sitting in the common room. She had been avoiding Draco and she didn't know why. There was something bothering her.

Lily looked up as Draco came down from the dormitory. She sighed and went to leave. "Wait. Why are you avoiding me?" He asked.

"It doesn't matter. I'm just busy. Exams are coming up. And I need to study."

Draco frowned. "You're sounding like Granger. That's a sickening thought," he said.

Lily rolled her eyes and sighed. She looked at him. "It'll be okay. We can talk tonight. Okay?" She asked.

Draco just nodded. He watched as Lily walked off. Alyssa stood by him. "Talk to her. Tell me what's going on with her," he said.

"You want me to snoop?"

"Yes. Or I'll tell father about you and Severus," Draco said.

***
Lily looked up as Alyssa walked towards her. "What's going on?" She asked.

"What do you mean?"

Alyssa sighed. "Draco. Blackmailing me to find out what's going on with you. He said he would tell my father about me and Severus. And... I'd get one mighty crucio."

Lily frowned. She didn't know why Draco couldn't accept that she would talk to him later on. She sighed. "I'm sorry. Just leave him to me."

"I can't have my father finding out. He wants me to marry another pureblood and I don't want to. He's betrothing me," she mumbled.

Lily nodded. "I'll sort it. Okay?"

***
Draco was sitting in the library. He looked up as Lily stormed towards him. "Why can't you listen? I will talk to you when I can!"

"You're hiding something from me. And I'm worried that I'll lose you," Draco said.

Lily sighed. "You won't lose me. I promise you. Do you trust me?"

Draco nodded and kissed her. She kissed back. "You have to stop bullying Alyssa too. Saying you'll tell her father if you want something from her," Lily said.

"She's my sister. I can boss her around if I want to."

"Not if she writes to your mother."

***
Lily was going to see her father. She hadn't seen him since their argument a few days before. She had been skipping his class too.

She walked into the classroom and smiled slightly. "Hi dad."

"Lily."

Lily sighed. "Can we cut the crap? You're my father and I need you. But you don't seem to realise that," she said.

Severus sighed. "In case you weren't aware, I'm a professor here. You may be my daughter, but that doesn't mean that I have to constantly be there."

Lily shook her head. "Maybe I'm better off without you," she said as she turned and walked off.

***
Lily went back to the common room that evening. She saw Alyssa and Draco who were fighting. "Can you two not stop?" She asked.

"Blame my whore of a sister."

Lily rolled her eyes. She didn't know what was going on with the two of them lately. But she was getting annoyed with it. "I've had enough drama for one day. So either the two of you pack it up. Or both leave me alone," Lily said as she walked off.

The Malfoy twins were standing there in shock. Both knew Lily was hiding something from them. But just what was the potion master's daughter hiding?