12

Lily sighed as she sat in potions. She was distant and all that she could think of was Draco and her mission. It was all the was on her mind. She sighed as class was dismissed as snape stood looking at her and frowned. He could tell that she wasn't herself. He watched as lily rushed off and looked to Alyssa "miss malfoy, a word please" he said as Alyssa looked to him and nodded as she watched as everyone walked off. He walked over to her and she leant against the desk and smirked seductively "is there a problem professor" she asked as he looked to her and rolled her eyes "I want to talk to you over lily" he said as Alyssa looked to him and nodded "she's not herself, she'll be fine though" Alyssa said as snape frowned "I'm asking you what Is going on" he asked as she looked to him and sighed "you know already, and I know that you know and I also know that you aren't telling your daughter a thing. It's Draco and his mission" Alyssa said as he looked to her and sighed

"She knows" he asked as she nodded "she knows about Draco but she doesn't know about you and doesn't know what you did, if he fails you know what this means don't you" she asked as snape looked to her and frowned "of course I do, I am not stupid. Lily's life is at risk because of this, she is my only child. Do you think of just act as of this is nothing, I have done this for her. Everything I have done is for lily whether she likes it or not, one day she will thank me for this. She will realise what I have done and you can't tell her a thing" he said as Alyssa looked to him and nodded.

***

Later that day, lily sat in the common room and sighed as Alyssa walked in. She sat next to lily and smiled "are you okay? Have you spoken to Draco" she asked as lily looked to her and shock her head "it's going to be okay, come on let's go and get ready for Slughorn party" Alyssa said as lily nodded.

Lily walked into Slughorns party and sighed as she stood by the balcony and sighed. Her mind was on Draco as snape walked out and looked to her and smiled "are you okay" he asked as she looked to him "I've been better, I don't know how I'm meant to do this" she said as he looked to her and smiled "you just need to stand by him" he said as lily nodded as she heard Alyssa who was yelling and sighed as she saw that she was arguing with Harry and Hermione. She walked over to them and grabbed Alyssa's arm and pulled her away knowing her best friends temper "come on, it's not worth it" lily said as Alyssa nodded. Lily looked to Harry and Hermione and shock her head at them.

***

Later that day, lily walked down the hall and frowned as she saw Draco and snake who were arguing. She frowned to herself as she stood against the wall and sighed "I vowed to protect you, for lily" snape said as lily frowned "I don't need your help" Draco spat "I bowed to, I made the unbreakable vow" he said as lily frowned to herself realising what he had done but had her father really changed sides?