26

Lily and Draco had gotten closer. But it was still tense between them. Lily knew that everything was going wrong between them.

For the last couple of days, Lily had been doing a lot of bickering with Hermione. Lily felt like Hermione was just trying to cause issues.

When she woke that morning, she saw Alyssa sitting on the bed. She smiled. "Hey. So Draco is down there. Acting high almighty and I'm about to murder him."

"Why?"

"I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to murder him if he keeps it up. And no doubt your father is behind his merlin almighty phase."

Lily smiled and nodded. She got out of bed and got dressed. She looked to Alyssa. "Are you okay? You look awful."

"I'm fine Lils. I'm due on aren't I? So I always look awful. I inherited it from my mother," Alyssa said as she looked at her.

Lily smiled and nodded. She looked at her. "You'll be okay. I know you will."

"I know."

***
Lily walked into the great hall. She smiled as she sat down opposite Draco. She looked at him. "Are you okay?" She asked as she looked at him.

Draco nodded and smiled. "I'm okay. I'm just thinking about this task. I don't want to do it. But I know I have to," he told her.

"I'll help you as best I can. I promise. You know I will," Lily said as she took his hand. "I've got your back Draco."

Draco smiled and nodded. "Thank you. I appreciate it so badly," he told her.

"We've got this. We always do," Lily said as she looked at him. She sighed. "But for now, we keep this quiet. Okay?"

"Okay."

***
Lily and Alyssa walked into class. Hermione sat down at the table in front of them. Lily rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" She asked.

Hermione sighed. "You're Harry's sister. So why don't we try to become friends? You're friends with a Malfoy."

Lily rolled her eyes and sighed. "I don't think so. You're just... you're annoying. You're trying to force inter house cooperation. And it's not going to happen. So just back off," she said.

Hermione looked at her. "You can't tell you're related to Harry. You're vile."

"I am not vile. I'm just not in the mood to be friends with someone who hasn't bothered at all. Do you think I'm going to go all dark side?" She asked.

"No."

"Clearly."

Alyssa smirked. She looked at her. "You're actually really annoying. So turn around and focus on the professor."

***
During lunch, Lily and Draco were talking. Draco sighed. "I don't know what's going to happen if I can't do this," he said as he took a bite of his food.

Lily smiled. She looked at him. "We've got this. I promise you Draco. Me and you, we've got this."

"I hope so. It's my sister and my mother who's lives are on the line. I fail, they die. And I can't lose them," Draco mumbled.

"It will be okay. I promise."

***
Lily had been called into Snape's classroom. She looked at him. "What?"

"Why are you helping Draco? This task has nothing to do with you," Snape said as he looked to his daughter.

Lily sighed. "Because I love him. And I don't want to him do this alone," she said.

"This isn't anything to do with you. As your father, I'm telling you to stay out of it," Severus said.

Lily scoffed and rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "No. I won't. Draco needs help. And I'm going to help him," she said.

Severus grabbed her arm. He glared. "You will stop helping him. That is an order."

"You haven't been a proper father to me in ages. Don't think you can start now," she spat.

***
Lily walked back to the common room. She knew that everything was going wrong for her. Especially now her father wanted her to stop helping Draco.

But she had no idea how everything was going to blow up on her face. And she would have a choice to make.