22

Lily was sitting in the common room. Alyssa walked in and smiled. "Hey. You okay?" She asked.

Lily nodded and smiled. "I'm doing good. Better than before anyway," she said.

"Good. What was up with you anyway? You had me worried."

Lily sighed. "I guess I was just annoyed with everything. And my father was driving me nuts. He won't even acknowledge that I exist. I just... I just I miss him."

Alyssa smiled. "Talk to him. It's all you can do. He's your father. And he does love you. Despite everything."

Lily shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe he just doesn't have a paternal bone in his body."

***
Lily was walking through the corridor. She saw Draco who walked towards her. "Hey. You okay?" He asked.

Lily nodded. "Yeah. I'm feeling better than I was. And before you ask, I don't know what was wrong. I think I was just having a bad day," she told him.

Draco smiled. He took her hand and smiled. "You're amazing. You know that?"

"I know. Never helps to keep hearing it though. Are you okay? You look a little off."

Draco nodded. He sighed. He knew he had been told what was happening. And he knew he couldn't tell Lily. She would panic and then she would find a way to get him out of it.

***
Lily was sitting in potions. She looked up as Severus walked over to her. "Stay behind after class. Your last piece of homework has gone missing."

"Has it gone missing? Or are you just being a jerk?" She asked.

Severus glared as the whole class gasped. "You're staying behind."

"Yes father."

Severus walked off. Alyssa looked at her. "What's going on?" She asked.

Lily shrugged. "He says he lost my homework. He hasn't. He just wants to be a jerk with me. He's my father. He just... he's being not like a father."

***
Draco and Lily were sitting by the lake. Draco sighed. "Everything is going to change. And I don't know if I will be here," he said.

Lily frowned. "What do you mean? You won't be here?"

"I can't tell you yet. I want to. But I can't yet. Just trust that I love you. You're the light of my dark life," Draco said.

Lily looked at him. "Draco. You're scaring me now. What's going on?" She asked as she looked into his eyes.

"My father wants me to join."

Lily paled. "Join you know who? Draco. What the hell? Don't do it," she said.

"I have to. I have to follow my father's instructions. He wants to stay on his good side. And that means me," Draco said.

***
Lily ran into Severus' office. He looked at her and glared. "What is the meaning of this?" He asked.

Lily wiped away her tears. "Daddy. They're making him join. Lucius and Narcissa. They're making Draco join him. And I'm scared that I'm going to lose him," she sobbed.

Severus frowned. "Who told you this?"

"Draco did. We have to help him. We can't let him do this. He acts like he's the big tough guy. But he's not. He's vulnerable and I'm scared," Lily sobbed.

Severus stood up and walked towards Lily. He held his daughter close. But could he help Draco? Or would it be too late for him?