34

Lily knew how she was planning on disappearing. She knew she wanted to get away from the life of misery that awaited her.

She knew she was going to do everything she could to stop becoming a death eater. She knew it wasn't what she wanted.

Lily wanted to talk to Draco about him going with her. She knew he wouldn't like it. But she wanted to save him too. She wanted them to be happy together.

Lily didn't even want to entertain the idea of becoming a death eater. She knew it was too gruesome. She knew how the death eaters raped people.

She didn't want Draco doing that. It often made her wonder if her own father had raped anybody. She would hate it if he did.

She would hate knowing he had violated an innocent woman.

All she knew was that running was the only option she had in her mind. And it was the only option she felt would work.

When she woke that morning, she saw Alyssa. She looked unwell. "What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"I think I'm late."

"Oh. Does anyone know?" Lily asked as she looked to her.

Alyssa shook her head. "I'm going to Madam Pomfrey today. She can sort it for me. I hope," she mumbled.

Lily nodded and smiled. "If you need me, I'm here. I'm guessing if you are, then it's my fathers?"

"Yeah."

Lily smiled. She took her hand. "You're going to be okay Lysa. I know you are," she told her.

***
Lily walked down into the great hall. She sat with Draco and smiled. "Hey. I've been thinking. And the best way to avoid all of this would be to run. Leave the wizarding world and live as normal people."

"You mean as muggles."

"Basically. But it means we could be free. No worrying about who's going to force us into what," Lily said.

Draco frowned as he looked to her. "You're talking about leaving everything we know behind and turning into muggles. Lily, we would be killed," he told her.

Lily nodded and sighed. "I know. I just... I don't know. I feel like too much could go wrong. And I don't know if I want to stick around and wait for it to happen."

***
Lily walked into her fathers classroom. She looked to him. "I need to ask you something. And I want you to be honest with me," she said.

"What's that?"

Lily took a deep breath and sighed. "Being what you are, have you ever forced anyone into having sex?" She asked.

Severus frowned. "Why ask me something like that?"

"Because I know that death eaters do that. And I don't want Draco to go through that."

Severus sighed and looked to her. He didn't know how to answer that. "Don't ask questions you won't like the answers to," he told his daughter.

Lily nodded and sighed. "So I'm guessing you have. I honestly don't know what to think anymore."

"We will be going to see the dark lord tomorrow night. So make sure you're prepared," Severus told his daughter.

***
Lily walked into her dormitory. She saw Alyssa. "How did it go?"

"I took care of it. Then and there," Alyssa said. She frowned as she saw Lily packing up her stuff. "What are you doing?"

"I'm not staying here to become a monster. I can't do it. If anyone asks, you haven't seen me," Lily said.

Alyssa frowned. She looked to her best friend. "You're running?"

"I have no choice."

Lily quickly packed up her stuff. But would she be able to get away from everything she was about to fight?