30

Lily was still suffering with the cysts. She hated how she hadn't been seen by St Mungos. She knew she didn't want to get worse. She hadn't even told Draco what was wrong with her. She couldn't. She didn't want to hurt him.

Lily knew how Alyssa was the only one who knew about her issue. And she didn't know how she felt about it. Especially as she knew her father didn't even know.

When she woke that morning, she saw Alyssa sitting on the bed. Lily groaned and sat up. She sighed. "What time is it?" She asked.

Alyssa smiled. "6:30. You were tossing and turning all night. Are you okay?"

"I don't remember. Did I keep anyone awake?" Lily asked as she climbed out of her.

Alyssa shook her head and smiled. "No. I cast a spell. So no one could hear. Didn't think you'd want them knowing you were having a nightmare," she told her as she handed Lily her wand.

Lily nodded and smiled. She quickly got changed and walked down into the common room. Draco was there. "Hey. Are you okay?" Draco asked as he kissed her.

Lily nodded. "I'm good. Couldn't sleep. That's all," she told him.

Draco pulled her close and kissed her. Lily smiled against his lips. She pulled away. "We should go. I'm hungry," she said as she looked to him.

***
Draco and Lily were sitting in the great hall. Draco frowned. "Have you seen my sister? She hasn't been eating much lately. And I'm worried," he said.

Lily shook her head. She smiled. "She was sitting on her bed this morning. But I haven't seen her since," she said.

Draco nodded and sighed. "I'll have to write my mother. See if she can get her to open up," he told his girlfriend.

"I'll talk to her before you bring Cissy in," Lily said as she kissed her boyfriends lips.

"Okay."

Lily was eating her breakfast. She looked up as her father walked in. She saw the look on his face. She knew that something was happening.

Draco looked to Blaise. "Quidditch tryouts this weekend. Tell everyone if they can't play, not to bother turning up," he said.

Lily stood up and smiled. "I've got a free first. So I'm going to catch up on an essay," she told Draco.

Draco nodded and kissed her. He watched as she walked off. Knowing that he wanted to know why she had to keep being checked by Madam Pomfrey.

***
Lily was sitting in the library. She saw Alyssa sitting up the corner. She walked over to her. "Hey. What's going on? You skipped breakfast."

"Nothing. I'm just not hungry. You shouldn't be worried about me. You're the one with those cyst things. You need to focus on yourself," Alyssa told her.

Lily sighed. "You're my best friend Lyss. The one who's always been there for me. So talk to me. What's going on?"

Alyssa shook her head. "Seriously. Don't worry about me. I'm focusing on you. And trying to help you through this. You haven't told your father or Draco yet. And I'm worried."

"I'll tell them soon. I promise. I just... I'm scared that my father won't want anything to do with me. And Draco will be too busy wrapping me in cotton wool."

Alyssa took her hand. "We'll figure it out. I know we will."

"I hope so."

***
Lily was sitting in the common room. She looked up as her father walked in. "I know."

"What do you know?" Lily asked as she looked to him.

Severus sighed. "I know that you're pregnant."

Lily's eyes widened. But who had lied and told her father she was pregnant when it was so far from the truth?