33

Lily knew she didn't want to become a death eater. She didn't want to kill people. She didn't want to be a salve to a no nosed man.

Especially one who could easily end her life within seconds. It wasn't something she wanted. She wanted an easy stress free life.

A life in which she didn't have to deal with doom, disaster and destruction. She knew how she just wanted a simple life. But with a father who was a spy. And a boyfriend who was caught up in it too, it wasn't going to happen.

All she knew was that she didn't know how much more she could deal with. And she was surely heading for a breakdown.

When she woke she saw Alyssa walking in. She smiled. "Hey Draco is asking me to get you. I don't know why."

"I didn't know he was back. When did he get back?" Lily asked.

"This morning. He's told me that he's going to be marked as soon as school is over. But he genuinely does want to see you," Alyssa said as she looked to her.

Lily got out of bed. She sighed and got dressed as she made her way down into the common room. Draco was there. Lily ran into his arms. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. But I'm back now. And I promise it's all going to be okay," Draco said as he kissed her.

Lily looked to him. "I-I know you're going to be marked as soon as school is over. How is it going to be okay?" She said.

"I'm going to do whatever he needs of me. I won't let anything happen to any of us," Draco told her.

***
Lily was sitting in potions. Severus walked over. "I want you to stay behind. We need to talk," he said.

Lily rolled her eyes. "I don't fancy it today. So I won't be staying," she told him as she looked at her parchment.

"You will do as I ask. I am your father. So you will do as you're told," Severus said with a glare.

"fine. Whatever."

Alyssa looked to her and smiled. "Hey. What's going on there?" She asked.

Lily sighed and looked to her. "I don't know. I'm just... I think he wants me to become a death eater. I don't want that. I just want a simple life. Away from all darkness and destruction vibes," she said.

Alyssa nodded. She took her hand. "Whatever happens, I'm here for you. You're my best friend. I love you. So you're not alone," she told her.

***
When the lesson had ended, Lily stayed where she was. She looked to her father. "What's going on?" She asked.

Severus sighed. "The dark lord has asked me to take you to him this weekend. He wants to assess weather or not you will be good enough for his rank," he told her.

Lily shook her head. "No. I'm not doing that. No."

"You do not have a choice Lily. I am doing this to protect you," Severus said.

"You're not protecting me. You're signing me up to a life of misery!" She spat.

She stood up and walked off. She knew she wasn't going to meet the dark lord. But she knew the only way was to disappear. Would it be enough though?