29

Lily sighed as she sat in the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey wanted to keep an eye on her after the diagnose she had been given.

Lily smiled. "Have you heard when I'll have to go to St Mungos?" She asked.

"Not yet dear. I do advise that you tell your father. I know he will want to support you. I know you think he doesn't care. But he does. He just has a hard time showing it."

Lily just nodded. But she knew she couldn't tell her father. She knew he wouldn't understand. "I'll try and talk to him today."

"Good girl. Now, Miss and Mr Malfoy are waiting for you."

***
Lily left the hospital wing and saw Alyssa. She frowned. "I thought Draco was here?" She said as she looked to her.

"He was. Blaise came and told Draco my father is looking for him. Glad I don't have to see him," Alyssa said as she looked to her best friend. She smiled. "How did it go?"

Lily sighed. "I still have them. I don't know when St Mungos' is going to want to talk to me. And she wants me to tell my father. He doesn't care."

Alyssa smiled. "He actually does care. I know it doesn't seem it, but he does. You are Lily Snape. His daughter. And he has a photo of you by his bed."

Lily blinked. "The fact you've seen that though."

"Not the point. The point I'm trying to make is this... he cares. He's worried about you. He asked me how you are."

Lily sighed. "Then why can't he ask me himself? He's my father. And he can't even ask me how I'm doing?"

"Talk to him. Or I'll have a famous Malfoy tantrum. And lock you both in a closet. Which could result in me possibly being killed," Alyssa said.

Lily rolled her eyes and smiled. She knew how she loved her father. But she always felt like deep down, he wasn't there for her.

***
Lily walked into class. She smiled as she sat down next to Draco. He looked to her. "Are you sure you're not pregnant? Because Madam Pomfrey is seeing you an awful lot," he said.

Lily shook her head and sighed. "I'm not pregnant Draco. Don't worry. I'm not entirely healthy. But you really don't need to worry at all. It's all going to be okay," she told him.

Draco wasn't convinced. He said nothing as Snape walked in. Snape looked around and saw his daughter. He saw how unwell she looked.

Snape knew he needed to speak with Lily. And he was going to. Today. He walked over to her. "Stay behind after class. We have to talk," he said.

Lily just nodded. She knew how complicated everything was. But she was worried that it was all changing. And she didn't have any idea what she was going to do. She knew she just wanted to survive.

***
When the lesson was over, Lily stayed where she was. She looked up to see her father. He sighed. "I know you are keeping something from me. About why you keep going to see Madam Pomfrey."

Lily sighed. "We don't need to do this. You pretending you care. It's okay that you don't care. I'm okay with that. I am."

"Do not say I don't care about you Lily. You are my daughter. My only child. And I do care," Snape said.

Lily looked to him and smiled. But she had no idea how her relationship with her father was about to change in the worst way possible.