23

Lily's head was a mess. She didn't know how to feel that she knowing that she could lose Draco.

When she woke that morning, she knew that she didn't want to speak with Draco. She knew it wasn't his fault. But she was worried that if she spent more time with him, it would hurt her more when she eventually lost him.

Lily walked down into the common room. She saw Alyssa sitting there. "Want to tell me why my brother is sulking like he's got something up his arse?" She asked.

Lily sighed. "I don't wanna talk about it. I just know I'm losing him."

"What's happened?"

"He's joined him hasn't he? He's basically signed up to die," Lily said.

Alyssa frowned. "Wait... what? Draco joined him? He told me didn't want to."

Lily nodded. She looked at her best friend. "Your father apparently. You know, Draco didn't even want to tell me willingly. I forced it out of him. Just goes to show how much he loves me," she told her.

"Wow. I'm sorry Lils."

***
Lily walked into the potions classroom. She saw her dad and sighed. "Have you managed to help Draco?" She asked.

Severus sighed. "I don't know what you expect me to do. I'm only one man. And if I go against the dark lord, he will find out that I'm a spy," he said.

Lily rolled her eyes. "Dad. You promised me! You promised that you would help me with Draco," she told him.

"And I have tried to reason with Lucius. By saying he won't be fully accomplished to do what the dark lord wants. Lucius is having none of it," Severus said.

Lily scoffed. She looked at him. "All you do is let me down."

"This is not my fault. Draco is the one who did not tell you that this was expected of him," Severus told her.

"But you're my father. And I don't ask you for much at all. I literally don't bother you. And you can't help me out," she all but sobbed.

***
Lily was sitting in the great hall. Draco came and sat with her. "I don't know why you're avoiding me. You know I have no control over this. My sister won't have to do it. Because she is a girl. You won't give her a hard time will you? Especially as she's so perfect."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Alyssa isn't perfect. At least she isn't risking her life for someone who won't ever care. Draco, Voldemort will kill you the moment you mess up. And what about me? Don't I matter to you?" She asked.

"You mean everything to me. And he won't kill me. Because I won't mess up. I know I won't. I'm going to do the best that I can. That's a promise," Draco said.

Lily shook her head. "The way I see it, you don't care about me at all. You don't care about your sister or your mother. You only care about making him happy!"

"If you mean making my father happy, then yes. I do care about that. He's my father."

"Severus Snape is my father. And I'm not sitting around singing his praises because he wants me to all but lull myself for the dark dweeb!"

Draco shook his head. "If you can't accept that I'm doing this, then I guess we're over," he said as he walked off.

Lily sat and watched as he walked away. But was their relationship really over?