24

Lily didn't know what terms her relationship with Draco was on. They hadn't talked since their argument. She knew missed him. But she wasn't going to give in and talk to him.

She woke that morning and walked down into the common room. Draco was there. Pansy was hanging over him.

Lily rolled her eyes which Draco noticed. "Got an issue Snape?" He asked.

Lily turned to him and smirked. "Not at all Malfoy. But I thought we were together? Or have you reverted back to the dogs?" She asked.

Draco stood up and walked over to her. He glared. "You don't tell me who I can and can't talk to Lily. You're not my boss."

"No. But Voldemort is. Haven't you got errands to run?" She said.

"You're not funny."

"Oh I do try."

***
Lily smiled as she saw Alyssa. She walked over to her and smiled. "If I kill your brother, will you hold it against me?" She asked.

Alyssa shook her head and smiled. "Of course not. What's he done?"

"Winding me up... well trying to. It's not working though. And I don't want to have to wake up and see Parkinson all over him. It's ridiculous," Lily said.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. "He's acting like this because I told him this morning to stop being an idiot."

"It'll take a lot for him to stop. No offence. But I'm starting to not like him."

Alyssa shrugged. "Oh I don't like him either. And I shared a womb with him," she told her.

"And something else."

Alyssa rolled her eyes and glared. "I don't want to talk about that. He's my brother," she told her.

***
Lily was sitting in class. Draco sat down next to her. "Look. I don't know who's said something. But I don't want Pansy. She's a friend."

Lily scoffed. "Yeah right. You had a fling before so don't deny it," she told him.

"I don't want Pansy Parkinson. She's a pug face loony. Trust me," Draco said as he took her hand.

Lily looked to him. She felt like he was telling the truth. But she didn't know if she could trust him. Especially with how distant their relationship had been lately.

***
Lily walked into her father's classroom. Severus rolled his eyes. "If you have come to start, then save it," he said.

"Charming. I wanted to see how you were doing actually father. So nice of you to assume that I'm here to start," Lily told him

Severus turned to her and smiled. "How are you doing?"

"I'm okay. I just... I'm worried about Draco. I don't want him to do anything stupid. Especially working for him. I don't want to lose him," Lily said.

"I will do my best to protect him. You know I will."

Lily smiled as she looked at him. "Thanks dad. I do appreciate you. And I do love you."

***
Lily was sitting in the common room. Alyssa sat with her. Draco walked in. "Guess what... I've been given my first task."

Lily looked to Draco and frowned. But was this the beginning of her losing him completely?