𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

𝑶𝒎𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝟑:𝟎𝟎𝒑𝒎

𝑶𝒎𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕
𝟑:𝟎𝟎𝒑𝒎

Malachi watched as his aunt sobbed on the floor about her dead son. all he felt was anger knowing one of his cousins was dead. he looked at his mom who had tears in her eyes. she walked over to the pair and he wrapped her arms around her.

"who is it," Malachi said blandly.

"T- Tray'Von," she stuttered as he looked at Asia who was looking down at the floor.

"he dead for real?" he coughed out.

"yes Malachi, what would he be dead for fake," she said looking at her son who's never changed. "you said the same thing when your dad died." she shook her head and went back to her screaming sister. Malachi stood there watching all his family broken and depressed. Asia tried to grab his hand but he moved out the way.

"Malachi," Darius broke him out of his shocked state.

"what," he said sternly and Darius pulled him off to the side.

"we know who it was."

"who we going after him TONIGHT."

"boys come on we getting something to eat Tasha wanna be alone." they all nodded and walked behind her. Asia got in the car waiting for Malachi.

"imma ride with Darius," he said standing next to the window.

"get in this car, Malachi," she said starting up the car.

"i'll see you at IHOP that's where we're going."

"GET IN THIS CAR RIGHT NOW MALACHI JOSIAH." she screamed and he side-eyed her. with a huff and a little feet dragging he made his way to the passenger side. "lemme tell you one thing right now. this shit is pure karma Malachi we kill others' family members how can we expect ours to not get killed."

"whatever."

"no Malachi you gotta get it through your head."

"ION CARE ABOUT ALLAT ASIA." he yelled which made Asia shake her head. "SO WHAT IF I KILLED SOMEONE ELSE'S FAMILY MEMBER WHY SHOULD I CARE. i kill without a thought i dont care who it is. i'd kill you and not care about who would miss you. carrying a baby or not if i felt like killing you i'd do it and not care."

those words... unlike any other words he's spoken to her... struck fear in Asia. he just threatened to kill her while she carried their baby. she knew he was crazy but not this crazy. this was their child they created and would have to care for. she shook her head pulling into the parking lot of IHOP. she got out of the car quickly and sat next to his mom who was waiting for a table.

"can i come with you after we leave here?"

"yeah what happened," she said concerned as Asia fought back tears.

"after this can, we pick up the girls from the house?" she said changing the subject seeing Malachi walk into the restaurant.

"yeah," she said rubbing Asia's back. Myles, their friends, and the rest of the aunts and uncles came into the waiting room and they seated them at a large table.

they chatted about good things to take their mind off the tragedy. they ordered their food and continued their conversations. Asia looked at the table like it was the most interesting thing in the world. Malachi on the other hand was staring at her hoping she'd look up.

she never did she was scared she wasn't showing enough empathy for the family. she felt like she wasn't part of the family, regardless if she was married to Malachi. to her, it seemed as ifs her sympathy wasn't enough all they needed was for Tray'Von to come back and that was not happening.

they finished and paid their bills despite his anger he still paid for Asia's meal shocking her. she continued to keep her eyes down. Malachi waited for her in the car but she never showed up. everyone was gone so he decided to text her. as he glanced at his phone he saw a text from his mom. the text said that Asia and the girls would be staying with her for a while.

he didn't understand why or what he did. he was lost in his thoughts and his conscience. he made it home and walked upstairs and grabbed a pre-rolled blunt he never got to smoke. he walked out the balcony and lit the blunt. he thought about Asia and Janiya and Braelynn, why did they leave him?

𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"this why ion like to smoke," he spoke lowly to himself. his phone rang and he grabbed it hoping it was Asia. sadly it was Darius and he answered.

"What's up man," he said with a raspy voice.

"aye, bro i'm coming over we need to talk."

"about what?"

"i'll tell you when i get there."

"ight." he hung up and went downstairs grabbing fruit snacks out of the cabinet. he sat in the chair and began to roll up waiting for Darius. after taking two pulls from the blunt there was a knock on the door. he got up and opened it letting him in.

"you never gon believe who it was," he said sitting down.

"who was it?"

"there's a lot to it." he trailed off.

"start talking."

"remember that hit we did when we went outta town?" he said leaning back in the chair.

"yeah."

"so when we were told to kill his assistant and take the other guy in for questioning. but when it all came down to it the leader wasn't even there. then he came to pick him up and we shot at the car and he ran into the tree." Darius explained.

"Darius i was there you don't have to explain-"

"just wait, that wasn't him the boss it was someone else." he said making Malachi turn his head in confusion. "you were always right about Ken and James being opps. his uncle, dad, cousins, and brother work for the opps. meaning the driver was related to Ken." Malachi's eyes widened realizing where it was going.

"he's still alive... we didn't finish the job."

"yeah, and he's coming for us."

-𝙂𝙐𝘾𝘾𝙄 🤠(when we hit 50k reads imma do an EXTRA long chapter, 30 votes for chapter eight or 50k reads whichever comes first)