𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒘𝒐

𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊 𝑱𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒂𝒉 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔𝟏𝟏:𝟎𝟎𝒂𝒎

𝟏𝟏:𝟎𝟎𝒂𝒎

"You'll get fewer years if you plead guilty."

"Fuck would I do that for?" I said while my attorney sighed.

"Bobo said it's better if you plead guilty and reduce the searches they'll have to do in his building."

"So am I doing this fa Bobo or fa me and my family?"

"Bobo will pay you 5.5 million and you'll get 13 years instead of possibly 17 or more if they go looking." He shrugged and I nodded.

"Jones your wife is here." He said and I tried to stand up but I was cuffed to the pole. He came over and uncuffed me from the pole and put my other hand in the cuff. He walked me out and she sat behind the glass and picked up the phone.

"Hey, baby." She smiled instantly making me smile.

"Hey, ma."

"You hear from the attorney." I nodded and sighed.

"Imma plead guilty," I said and wouldn't dare look at her.

"Look at me, Malachi Josiah." I looked up at her and she had tears coming down her face. "Why?"

"I'd get fewer years. If they go searching finding more evidence I'd get more than 13 years." She nodded as I continued. "You'll get 5.5 million from Bobo."

"Just for you to plead guilty?" I nodded. "Are you serious?! Are you doing it for Bobo? Think about the kids."

"Did you hear me? I'll get more years if they wanna go looking for evidence. They may even get you if they look hard enough." I said and she nodded.

"1 MORE MINUTE JONES!!" The guard yelled.

"When you get the 5.5 go enroll into nursing school."

"Malachi..." she trailed off.

"I talked to Aunt Michelle, my mom said she's going to move down here to help you. Everyone said they'd help just go to school okay?"

"Okay." She nodded and the security guard came over.

"I love you ma."

"I love you too baby." She smiled and I walked back with the guard.

" She smiled and I walked back with the guard

𝑨𝒔𝒊𝒂 𝑹𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒆 𝑱𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔
𝟏𝟐:𝟎𝟎𝒂𝒎

"When you taking the kids to see him?" Myles asked me sitting on the couch.

"Soon..." I trailed off.

"That didn't sound like a sure soon." He side-eyed me.

"Asia where are the extra bars of soap?" She asked holding Hakeem her baby butt-naked. I know he cold.

"Under the sink," I said and she nodded walking back upstairs.

"So how soon?"

"I don't know Myles, I hate for them to see him like that. I hate to see him like that." I shook my head just thinking about the look on his face today.

"I do too but they gotta see him. They keep asking where he is." He huffed and I nodded and sighed.

"When's the court date?" He asked.

"The attorney said next Thursday."

"Ight."

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂
𝑻𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒅𝒂𝒚

"I plead guilty." He said as tears left my eyes.

"Mr. Jones has pleaded guilty and he will be sentenced 13 consecutive years. Thank you, Jury, for your service today. The court is adjourned." He hit his gavel and stood up walking away. Malachi walked away in cuffs breaking my heart all over again.

"SHE SHOULD'VE GONE WITH HIM. SHE KILLED MY SISTER AND HER BEST FRIEND. HIS WIFE IS A MURDERER JUST LIKE HIM!" I shook my head while everyone looked my way. Bobo walked over to me, I sighed knowing what it was about.

"The 5 and a half will be in your account soon." He whispered and I nodded.

"It doesn't feel right," I said to Myles and he nodded.

"I know."

"But do you? I feel like they're brainwashing him." I said shaking my head.

"He did it for y'all take that as him being concerned." Myles shrugged and I nodded. We walked over to his mom as she cried in Michelle's arms. When I saw her more tears started to flow. She came over to me hugging me tightly as we cried in each other's arms.

"Go to school." She whispered. "Do it for him." I nodded and wiped her face as she wiped mine. I gotta get out of this shit with Bobo; for the kids if not anyone.

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂
𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒚

"Bobo I need to get out of this," I mumbled and he looked at me crazy.

"Why? You're one of the best and you're getting paid top dollar."

"My kids, if I get caught and taken my kids won't have a mom or dad."

"You won't get caught I can guarantee that."

"You guaranteed that for Malachi... now look at him. In a cell because you didn't live up to your word. MY husband, the father of MY children, and your EMPLOYEE is gone for 13 years. My kids won't have a dad, for 13 years. Remember that. Send me my 5 and a half and we're done here." I said standing up. He nodded and I left out the building. I called Michelle to see how the kids were.

"Hey, Asia."

"Hey, Michelle how are the kids."

"Good they're sleeping right now."

"Oh good. I have a quick question."

"Yeah what's up?"

"How do you fill out an application for college," I mumbled shyly.

"Come over I'll help you!" She said happily and I smiled like she could see me.

"Okay." I hung up and drove to her house and seen her sitting at the table with a laptop.

"Come here." She waved and I sat next to her as we filled out the form. I was excited because I finally get to do something I love. "What made you do it for real." She smiled.

"Malachi." I smiled thinking about him. "And Mama Lena."

"When he gets out he'll be so proud of you. You know that? He'd probably be proud to know you applied."

"Yeah, he would."

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑬𝑵𝑫

-𝙂𝙐𝘾𝘾𝙄 🤠

thank you so much for ready my book. the progress, the reads, the votes, the comments, the love is amazing. this is the first book i EVER finished and i feel so accomplished and happy. i am most likely posting an epilogue so look out for that. GO READ PIMPIN IF YOU LIKED THIS BOOK.