When He's Not Here : Katsuki Bakugou (+ Kirishima)

Author's Note:

I will take this as an opportunity to welcome myself back into writing (although I never really stopped; I just wanted to work on a few personal projects that were just for me :]). Um, I don't have much to say about this other than I actually like it! I think it turned out pretty well, so props to me 🎉.

This is technically a Kiribaku x reader, buuut TWIST, Kirishima isn't really in this one. Mostly just y/n and Bakugou interaction. Yeah, fun.

I promise this is fluff. It's a little angsty, but not to any extreme. Just nightmare comfort and snuggles with Blasty.

Anyway, enjoy!

-Sugar

Warnings: Cursing, implied severe nightmare(s), mentioned character death (just kinda talking about it, nothing actually happened, dw), soft Bakugou (like, really soft)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You bolted upright, chest heaving, disoriented.

Everything around you was uncomfortably hot—unbearable. A sheen of sweat coated your skin, and the sheets beneath you were damp. Your heart pounded in your chest, making it hard to think, hard to breathe. Darkness pressed around you, only making it easier to see your visions again, playing over and over in your memory.

Desperate, your hands patted blindly around you, looking for something that would make it stop, something to help you feel better.

Your trembling fingers bumped into a warm, solid mound beside you and you latched onto it, hoping to find solace in this sea of fear and nothingness.

"Eijirou?" you gasped, already somehow feeling more grounded as you shook the man's arm.

"Hm?" Rather than who you'd been expecting, a familiar rough voice emerged from the dark mass beside you.

"Katsuki?" you called out instead.

"What?" He rolled onto his back, dragging a hand over his face. "(Y/N)? What time is—"

You suddenly tackled him into a hug, burying your nose into his shoulder. "You're alive! Thank goodness you're okay!" You could sob with how happy you were to find that your nightmare had been little more than just a dream, that Bakugou and Kirishima weren't dead, and that you were still safe.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" he asked gruffly. "And what's got you shaking so hard? Was it another—"

"Bad dream," you affirmed, pulling off of him and straightening. "Just a ... dream."

"Oh," he muttered, sitting up.

"Sorry I woke you up. I was trying for—"

"Eijirou?"

You nodded sheepishly. "Not that I don't want to talk to you, I just ... forgot he wasn't here."

"Oh."

Now it was coming back to you. Kirishima was away on a mission on the other side of the country. This was yours and Bakugou's second night without him, but it still felt so foreign to have him missing from your bed. The sheets felt ... colder and emptier with him gone. Yes, the redhead had a habit of spreading out in his sleep and snoring much louder than necessary, but both you and Katsuki (though he wouldn't admit it out loud) had grown quite fond of his presence.

"Need anything?" the blond grunted, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"Um," you mumbled, thinking. "Maybe some water?"