You're Okay, You're Alright : Izuku Midoriya

Author's Note:

Let's just ignore how I didn't post for like, two months or something. This is another bit that's not quite what I'd call my best work, but I have to practice if I want to get back into my ~groove~. Anyway, I'm back in in-person school now, so no guarantees, but it's looking like senior year is going to be pretty chill for me.

Anyway, uhhhh,, this was just a little daydream I had some time ago and I thought I might as well write it down. When was the last time I wrote for Midoriya, anyhow?

Don't answer that.

Enjoy!

-Sugar

Warnings: Mentions of blood and death, nightmares, everyone's good in the end, reader talks about having a period, my rusty writing

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Midoriya had witnessed many horrors in his life.

From the age of fifteen, he'd faced countless enemies, seen his friends and colleagues get hurt, and even watched people die.

But now there was a new fear, one that hadn't always been there.

You were his light in the darkness. You were the one who made him happy, even in the rare moments when he was unable to feel. You meant everything to him, and he'd do anything for you.

But his worst fear was coming true.

New constellations of red freckles patterned his cheeks, more blood pooling all around him. Why was it always blood? Why was there so much? How was there so much?

You were laying limp in his arms, eyes glassy and empty, so empty.

"No, no, no, no, no, no," he muttered, tears flooding into his eyes.

There was no way he could stop the bleeding, no way he could cease the rivers of red flowing out of the gash in your neck and down your chest. He was caked in grime and soaked in tears and sweat and blood.

How could he ever move on from this?

☆: *.☽ .* :☆

Midoriya startled awake with a gasp, finding the world around him to be dark. His body trembled and his chest heaved, patting blindly around himself in an attempt to remember where he was. He felt softness, sheets. He must have been in bed.

It was ... it was a dream. It was a dream! Thank the gods. But where were you, then?

He fumbled around more, trying to find your solid warmth laying safe beside him. Safe. You had to be safe. Izuku's movements grew more frantic, his mind only capable of processing that he needed to find you.

Warm wetness had begun to leak down his cheeks, and he sniffled, brushing them away. When had he started crying? In his sleep or just now?

"(Y/N)?" he tried quietly, his voice thick with sleep. "(Y/N)?"

"Izu?"

His head snapped up, a tidal wave of relief flooding over his system. He could hear you now, moving towards him in the darkness, your feet padding quietly on the floor.

"What's the matter?" you asked, now standing above him. You flicked on the bedside lamp, illuminating the room in a warm glow. "Baby, are you crying?"

Midoriya cringed for a second at the intense change, but was quick to blink it away. "You're alright," he sighed, hopping out of bed to pull you into his arms.

"I guess so," you said, rolling your eyes. "I was in the bathroom. I got my period, just like I thought I would."

"Oh." Midoriya pulled back and cupped your face in his hand, a sympathetic frown on his face. "Any cramps?"

"Not yet." You took his face into your own hands, brushing his tears off his cheeks with your thumbs. "What about you? Did you have a bad dream?"

Midoriya nodded. "I'm okay now. I know you're safe."

You pecked his lips. "That's right. Do you want to tell me about it?"

His mind flashed back to the vision he'd had of your dying body, the way your eyes had glazed over and your lungs filled with blood. "No. I just—can you hold me? I want to be in your arms right now."

"Of course."

He kissed you, slow and sweet, pulling your body back into bed with him. Midoriya let you wrap your arms around his broad torso, bringing you in to hold with his own strong arms as well.

"I never want to lose you," he whispered, his eyebrows pinched with worry. He tenderly kissed the top of your head.

"You won't," you promised, threading your fingers through his soft green curls. "I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere. I never want to be anywhere else."

Midoriya nodded, turning off the lamp and burying his face into your neck. "But what if someone takes you away?"

"Shh," you hushed him. "You don't have to worry about that. Trust me, I'd kick anyone's ass if they tried to mess with us."

Midoriya nodded and kissed the patch of skin on your neck that was closest to his lips.

"Now let's get back to sleep, okay? I've got you."

Izuku exhaled, letting the tension evaporate from his body. Your hands ran soothingly over his back, lulling him back into the numbness of sleep. He fell backward into the abyss, guided by your touch and the soothing hums that quietly emitted from your throat.