4/20, Blaze It : Katsuki Bakugou

Author's Note:

Author's Note:

This is my birthday piece for Bakugou! I'm not super proud of it, but I don't exactly hate it either. This is what I've got.

Enjoy! And thanks for the idea!

-Sugar

Warnings: Cursing and a slightly spicy portion at the end (I honestly don't know what happened)

══════✮•°♛°•✮ ══════

Bakugou did not care about his birthday. He really didn't. He didn't care about the cards, or the gifts, and he especially didn't care about the annoying phone call he got from his parents.

If anything, he was glad that no one bothered him all day. He hadn't really told anyone at U.A. about his birthday—but of course, Deku knew about it. He'd even had the nerve to say something when he'd ran into him on his way down to breakfast. At least no one else had been around to hear. Even so, it was nice that he could spend the day in comfortable silence. No one annoyed him about it. No one made a big deal. To everyone else, it was just another day, and Bakugou liked it like that.

Except ... it also seemed like you thought it was just another day. You and he were dating, so he figured that maybe you'd say something. But ... you didn't. The class periods of the school day shifted by, and each one that passed only made the blond feel almost antsy. What was going on with him? Why should he care?

Maybe it was because this was his first birthday that occurred while the two of you were dating. He'd never had a partner to spend his birthday with, and honestly, he wasn't sure what to expect. Maybe you were planning a surprise for him? That had to be it. Why else weren't you saying anything?

And so, school ended for the day. You and he made your ways back to the dorms with everyone else, only today for some reason, you were talking with your friends more than you were paying attention to him ... .

Katsuki scowled at the ground. Maybe you'd be able to spend some alone time with him once you were back in your rooms. It didn't really matter to him what you wanted to do, he just wanted to be around you. As long as it would just happen soon ... .

"Hey," Sero said beside you, this particular comment somehow catching Bakugou's attention. "You know what day it is?"

You thought for a moment, creasing your brows. "Today ... . Oh! 420, blaze it!"

The two of you high-fived and laughed for a second, but then you froze again. Slowly, your eyes met Bakugou's. That was when you finally remembered that today was his birthday.

Shit.

You'd completely lost track of what day it was! What were you going to do?! Was he upset? He hadn't said anything. Still, you felt like a complete ass for not even saying anything all day, not to mention you didn't really have anything prepared for him.

"You okay, (Y/N)?" Sero asked, concerned over your shift in mood.

"Oh, yeah!" you said hastily. "Just ... thought of something."

Think, think! What was I going to do today?

Bakugou had briefly mentioned his birthday to you a few months ago, but only after you'd asked him.

Maybe a card? No, I don't have time. Maybe I could ... ugh, it's best to just be honest and proceed from there. It's obvious I completely forgot.

You made your way back to the Heights Alliance building with apprehension, gnawing on the inside of your cheek as you passed through the doors.

As soon as Bakugou was indoors with you, you took his arm. "Want to come upstairs with me?" you asked sheepishly.

His eyes widened slightly, but otherwise, he showed no reaction to your words. "Fine."

You got into the elevator with a handful of your other classmates, tapping your fingers on your thigh while you waited for the number on the screen to change to 4.

He followed you into his room, crossing his arms as you shut the door behind you.

"Forget something, dumbass?" he asked.

You cast your gaze down to the floor, wringing your hands. Why did he have to be so perceptive? "Maybe. I swear I didn't mean to." You met his carmine eyes, and you were thankful he didn't look as pissed as you thought he might be.

"Just get over here."

You walked up to him, and to your surprise, he hugged you. You nuzzled your nose into the crook of his neck, inhaling his sweet scent. "Happy birthday," you whispered into his ear.

He squeezed you a little tighter, and you felt him sigh with the sensation of holding you to his body.

"I really am sorry," you said, pulling back a bit to cup his cheek in your hand. "I ... don't even have an excuse. But I'll make it up to you."

Bakugou shrugged. "You don't have to."

"No, really. I could go buy us some snacks or something, and we can watch a movie, or maybe even go out somewhere—"

"I said you don't have to do that." He pulled you in again, his hand guiding your cheek to lay on his shoulder.

"But Katsu," you protested. "I want today to be special for you. I messed up, but I can make it better—"

"Do all that junk later." He pulled you into his bed, pushing you to lay down so he could settle on top of you. "I just want you here with me," he mumbled, trying to ignore the way the tips of his ears were burning.

"Aw," you mumbled, finally allowing yourself a small smile as you slid your hands into Katsuki's hair. "Have you been feeling lonely?"

"No."

You chuckled at his stubborn untruth, his ever-honest arms holding you fast to his body. "Well, I guess this is pretty cheap for a birthday gift. Maybe it's good I didn't buy you anything if this is all you wanted."

He looked up at you with a frown. "Nuh-uh, this is just the beginning," he said, his lips sliding into a grin. "You're still taking me out somewhere. And you're going to buy me something; whatever I want. Since you forgot what day it was."

You sighed again and smiled. "Alright, alright, you deserve that much, at least."

"Damn right, I do." He lifted himself from where he'd been lying, pulling himself closer to your face. "And I think I deserve one more thing," he whispered into your ear.

You shivered at the sensation of his breath, face flaring with heat. You briefly wondered if Bakugou was close enough to feel it radiating from your skin. "What's that?" you asked, voice near shaking with hopeful anticipation.

"These lips of yours." Bakugou traced the outline of your mouth with his thumb, watching the supple skin squish and stretch under his ministrations. "They've always belonged to me," he murmured to himself in a low tone, "but tonight I want to remind you of that." He bent down and kissed you, biting your lower lip and pulling away all too soon. "I'm never going to let you forget that you're mine."