We'll Be There For You : Izuku Midoriya & Shouto Todoroki

A/N: Holy moly, I think I've forgotten how Wattpad works

Once again, I'm back from the dead. I don't really have any excuses this time, I've just felt really burnt out on writing reader-insert stuff. But I had some free time during my writing class and this came out! I still have a ton of requests I never did and I feel weird doing them now, but a lot of them are just so good, I don't want to delete them. But this seemed like a nice simple one to ease me back in!

No warnings for this one, it's just chill all around. I'm not super crazy about it, but I almost never am, these days. My goal right now is to try and generate writing as much as I can without burning out in order to stay in practice. So we'll see how that goes for me!

Enjoy!

-Sugar

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A heavy feeling loomed over Midoriya as he walked home, a cloud hanging over his head. He wasn't sure what caused it.

Yes, he hadn't been having the best day. He'd woken up with a headache this morning that just wouldn't go away, not to mention how his locker had gotten stuck earlier that morning, and the way the weather had been overcast and windy all day, and the reporters and the fangirls. He loved his job, of course, but today . . . he just wanted to get home.

As he stepped up to his house—his first house, the one he'd bought with Shouto and you—he couldn't help but feel the exhaustion in his legs, how he'd been patrolling and running since eight that morning. It had to be past midnight by now . . . .

He kicked off his sneakers and set down his bag, wandering through the dark entryway of his home. The house was silent, and Izuku made a beeline straight to the bedroom. And there he found you, fast asleep and cuddled up in Shouto's arms. Shouto was still awake, reading an article on his phone. The whitish-blue light shone on his handsome face, reflecting in his eyes as he glanced up at the man standing in the doorway.

"I'm home," Midoriya whispered.

"Welcome," Shouto said simply, locking his phone and sitting up as much as he could without disturbing you.

Izuku began his routine, stopping in the bathroom to brush his teeth after changing into his pajamas. He'd already showered at the agency, so it wasn't long until he was climbing into bed behind Shouto, resting his head on one arm and curling the other around Shouto's side. He heaved a sigh as his body relaxed into the mattress, the warm blankets and sheets settling around him in a warm embrace of their own.

"Are you alright, Izuku?" Shouto asked, the low rumble of his voice breaking the silence of the room. Even in the dark and the silence, he could tell something wasn't right.

Midoriya shrugged, nuzzling closer into his shoulder. "Didn't have that great of a day. But I feel better now."

Todoroki turned his head as if he wanted to reach around and comfort him, but his arms were already occupied. "Wanna talk about it?"

Midoriya shrugged. "The weather was real gloomy today, it probably affected my mood. What about your day, was it nice?"

"Yeah," Shouto said, settling further into his pillow. "I got a lot of paperwork done."

It was then that Midoriya heard stirring coming from the other side of the bed. 

You slowly blinked your eyes open, disturbed by the quiet murmur of voices around you. It was still dark, the only light being a faint glow stemming from your alarm clock. "'Zuku?" you questioned sleepily, reaching over Shouto in order to confirm his presence on the other side.

"Hi, honey." His hand found yours, twining your fingers together.

You pressed yourself into Shouto's warm chest, almost as an attempt to get closer to the both of them. "I missed you," you sighed wistfully, squeezing his scarred palm in yours.

"Izuku had a bad day," Shouto informed you.

"Shou . . . ," Izuku protested.

Your eyes cracked open again, a frown appearing on your lips. "One of my boys is having a bad day and neither of you woke me up?"

"It's not a big deal," Midoriya muttered.

You raised an eyebrow. "It could be."

"I don't want you to worry about me."

"What if I was the one having a bad day, huh?" you challenged quietly. "What about Shouto? You'd want to do something for us, right?"

Izuku sighed. "You have a point."

"We love you, Izuku," Todoroki offered. "We want to help you any way we can. Is there anything we can do?"

Midoriya sighed and tried to come up with something to appease the two of you. Finally, he had it. His cheeks burned at the thought, afraid he was somehow asking too much. "Can you both . . . hold me?"

"Of course."

"Get in the middle, goofball."

There was a rustling of blankets as everyone shifted around. Soon enough, Midoriya found himself engulfed in the warmth of your chest, his back supported by being held by Todoroki from behind.

Your fingers quickly found their way into his loose curls, the light scratching at his scalp only furthering Izuku's relaxing state. Shouto's lips pressed repeatedly into the crook of his neck, causing a contented shiver to coarse down his spine.

"I know you don't like making a big deal out of how you feel," you murmured, "but I want you to know that you can always come to us when you're feeling down."

Midoriya sighed, mumbling an "I know" into your nightshirt as he closed his eyes.

"I love you," Shouto whispered into his ear, ever so gently brushing the shell of it with his lips.

"I love you too," Izuku slurred, sleep already beginning to overtake his brain.

"I love the two of you," you supplied, placing a kiss onto his curly green hair.

Midoriya hummed at your voices, sounding off your love for each other. But he was too far gone to respond, pleasant dreams already flickering in his mind as he slipped away and his day finally came to a close.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───