Pocky Game : Hitoshi Shinsou

You wandered down the aisles at the supermarket, casually browsing through snacks, wondering what you should pick up for your movie night with Shinsou. You had grabbed a bag of (whatever you like) popcorn and some Oreos and were about to head out when something caught your eye. Boxes of pocky sticks lined one of the shelves, a multitude of flavors displayed in the spread.

You suddenly remembered hearing tales of the pocky game; infamous amongst fangirls, hopeless romantics, and weebs like you. You, of course, had never played it, your first boyfriend and true love being Hitoshi Shinsou. Just for the heck of it, you glanced over the flavors of stick, ranging from strawberry to matcha to cookies and cream. You finally decided on (again, whatever you like) and made your way to the checkout, excitement growing in your chest for your night with Shinshou.

(ㅇㅅㅇ)  ♡  (ㅇㅅㅇ)

You snuggled up to Shinsou on his couch, his arms draped over you. You had just finished watching a few movies back to back, and now you sat cuddling in his dim living room. You had enjoyed listening to his commentary, although there were a few long periods of silence in which you were suspicious he had fallen asleep. He was awake now, though, his fingers running through your hair.

The two of you were enjoying each other's company in silence, not wanting your night together to end. Your eyes lazily wandered around the room, before alighting on the partially empty bag of popcorn. You briefly considered grabbing another handful when you suddenly remembered the other item you had purchased that day.

"Hey, Toshi."

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to play a game with me." You turned yourself so you could see him, now chest to chest.

Shinshou narrowed his eyes at you in suspicion. He was well aware of your usual antics. "What kind of game?" he asked.

"I'll show you."

You got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Shinsou grumbled at the sudden lack of your warmth. You opened the grocery bag and quickly found the small cardboard box of pocky. You came back into the living room, sitting back down on the edge of the couch. Your hand was positioned so Shinsou wouldn't be able to see what you had.

He straightened, trying to get a peek at the label of the box. "What is that?"

You finally showed it to him, shaking it a little in the air so he could see. "Pocky sticks."

"What do you want to do with those?"

"Play the pocky game."

"What even is the pocky game?" Shinsou asked, putting his chin in his hand. "I've heard people talking about it, but I don't know what you're supposed to do."

"Here," you said, opening the box and ripping open the package. You took a biscuit out of the little bag and offered it to your purple-haired boyfriend. He took it in his hand and looked at you.

"Now what?"

"Put it in your mouth. Just the end. And don't eat it yet."

He did as you said.

You set the box on the coffee table across from you and moved closer to him. You put your mouth around the end of the biscuit stick. "Alright, now you can start eating it."

Shinsou furrowed his eyebrows but started chomping away at his end. As soon as you started to make your way down the stick, he caught on to the point of the game. Your lips got close enough to touch and Hitoshi placed his hand on the back of your head. He held you steady as the stick was snapped in half, breaking your connection. He kept his lips to yours, though, giving you the kiss you had hoped for.

When you finally pulled apart, you gave him a hazy grin.

"So that's the pocky game," Shinsou said.

You nodded dreamily, your lips still tingling a little. No matter how many times Hitoshi had kissed you, you couldn't get over how wonderful it felt to have his lips pressed against yours.

"So," Shinsou said, breaking you from your trance. He had watched your facial expression for the past few seconds, enjoying being able to see his effect on you. "How many sticks do you have left?"

(ㅇㅅㅇ)  *★ ~☆*  (ㅇㅅㅇ)

Author's Note:

Yo yo, its ya girl again.

I couldn't figure out what to write so I decided to do the pocky game again with our tired cat boi. This is the first time I've written for him so I decided to just get a taste (hehe) of his character. I'd like to write for him some more soon.

I will admit that I got 3/4 of the way through this shot and I realized there wasn't much to write about the pocky game, so I'm not super hyped to do it with too many more boys. I will say, however, that I would like to try it out for Bakugou and/or Amajiki because I think their personalities will be fun to play with. If ya really really want me to write for someone else though, I will do it. Maybe give me a bit more of a prompt tho. I'll see.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I wanted to say. This one is definitely one of my shorter stories so if you like them short and sweet, I hope it kept your attention maybe better than some of my other ones. If you do like the longer ones, I have one coming out next.

See you soon,

-Sugar