First Snow : Katsuki Bakugou & Eijirou Kirishima

Author's Note:

So for this winter season, I'm going to start some winter/Christmas prompts! I'm not sure how many I'll be able to get through on my list, but I'm going to try to get a bunch going while I'm on break :] Anyways, here's the first one! It's short and sweet, and we've just got some cute Kiribaku x reader fluff! My Kirishima bias kinda showed in this one (oops) so I'll try to make up for it in a later Kiribaku fic!

This is actually kind of relevant to me ironically because it finally snowed for the first time yesterday! We didn't have anything that stuck, but there were frozen flakes of water falling from the sky. That counts.

There's nothing about Christmas in this one, by the way, just snowy mornings with the bois :)

Enjoy!

-Sugar

>>> ─────── ∘°❉°∘ ─────── <<<

You wake in a tangle of limbs, swaddled in blankets. A tangible heat hums over your body, unable to escape from under the material you'd buried yourself within. You can already tell how hot your skin is, but it's more of a pleasant feeling, if just teetering on the edge of uncomfortable. The chill of the room around you makes itself known by the occasional drafts that would sneak in from the cracks in your defensive covers.

You contemplate getting up, but you know what would happen if you were to peel your blankets off, letting the cold rush in on your exposed body. Besides, it wouldn't be fair to the still-slumbering man beside you, his heated skin only adding to the warmth penetrating all the way to your bones.

And yet a delicious smell hung in the air. Bakugou was absent, so you deduct from the situation that he is the source. He must have gotten up early again and made breakfast, so it was probably a good idea to slip out of bed and meet him.

"Eijirou," you lilt softly, rolling over to face him.

You smile at the little trail of drool that had slid past his sharp teeth and down his cheek. His hair was quite wild around his head, sticking up in many places; a stark contrast to the peaceful expression gracing his features.

"Come on," you say, shaking at his shoulder.

You had to admit, this one certainly slept like a rock, and waking him up could be difficult. But the gods must have been on your side this morning, because his eyelids eventually fluttered open after a bit more prodding.

"There you are," you whispered, voice still soft after a full night of sleep. You looked into his gentle ruby eyes, finally letting your fingers brush back a few strands of his unruly bangs. "Good morning, sunshine. I was afraid I might have to get up without you."

He frowned a little, even though you'd begun to caress his cheek with the pads of your fingertips. "But then I'd be all alone and cold."

You jutted out your lip in a fake pout. "And you'd be late for breakfast. Do you smell that?"

He inhaled, letting the savory, fragrant air fill his lungs. "What's Katsuki making this morning?"

"Let's go find out."

You went to pull back your blanket, but you were stopped by a strong yet tender hand. "Do you think we could stay here for five more minutes?" he asked hopefully. "It's been too cold lately."

You were tempted, seeing as he had a point (even if you could swear he liked keeping the house cold while he slept if only to make nighttime cuddling mandatory). But you knew how your mutual partner felt about needing to go all the way to the bedroom just to get you both out of bed. "We'll have to get it over with anyway."