Stormy Weather : Hitoshi Shinsou

Author's Note:

If ya overlay some rain sounds with the lo-fi and mess with the sound ratio (turn down the rain) it's really nice.

That is all, enjoy!

-Sugar

꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡

There was something about rainy evenings that just hit different, and this was no exception.

The soothing sound of light droplets tapping against the glass of your window provided a lovely background noise; not too quiet, not too soft. A low rumble of thunder could be heard every few minutes, suggesting that someone somewhere else was getting hit with a heavier version of the same storm.

Your laptop sat open on your desk, soft lo-fi playing as additional relaxation music. It had been your idea, and even Hitoshi had to admit it pulled together your evening vibe quite nicely.

The man in question was nestled between your legs, his back to your stomach. His head rested on your chest as you looked out the window, comfortably leaning against your cushioned wall. The two of you were surrounded by blankets and pillows, Hitoshi having helped you a few minutes before in building a temporary nest.

You tore your gaze from the outside momentarily to look down at the top of your boyfriend's head. It was a comfortable, solid weight against your sternum, and you could faintly smell his shampoo. His wild purple hair tickled you even through your shirt, and you finally gave in to the temptation that had been plaguing you for the past five minutes.

Your fingers wove into the soft locks, beginning to stroke at the waves that arose from his scalp. He leaned further into you, a little sigh escaping his lips. You allowed your nails to start scratching lightly at his head, letting the little sounds occupy their own space in your room.

Your mind began to drift, letting the rain and music seep into your ears and take you to a different place. You allowed your fingers to become absentminded in their motions, occasionally giving one of his locks the lightest of tugs.

"That feels really good," Shinsou muttered, bringing you out of your thoughts.

"It does?"

"Yeah."

"I'm glad."

You continued on your scalp massage, rubbing little circles into his skin before running your fingers all the way down to the back of his neck.

"Oh my gosh, Kitty," Hitoshi said, his voice ever so slightly slurred. "Imma fall asleep soon if you keep this up."

"Really now?"

He leaned even further back into your hands and shut his eyes. Fake, exaggerated snoring noises began to emit from his lips, making you smile.

"Now that my favorite boy is asleep," you said in a hushed voice, removing your fingers from his hair in order to rub your hands together like a cheesy villain, "it is time for my master plan."

The 'snores' faltered, but then started back up again, the offending snoozer apparently intrigued.

You ran your fingers through his hair a few times, making sure he didn't have any tangles. Once satisfied, you parted it into three sections and began to work in the middle. You started weaving his purple waves into a simple French braid, adding little sections as you went down.

The obnoxious snoring had stopped, and Shinsou sat quietly while your digits orchestrated order onto his wild head. Though his hair was a little long for a boy, it only took you a matter of minutes to complete the single braid, running from the front of his head to the back, perfectly in the center.

"Here, pinch this," you said, letting Shinsou take the end of the braid between two fingers. You got up and went to your dresser, grabbing an elastic. Settling yourself back in, you tied off his hair. "There you go, Sleeping Beauty."

He reached up again, letting his own fingers gingerly prod at the woven strands, feeling how they had been twisted over each other.

You tried to smooth down the other sides of his head with little success. The effect was a little goofy, but from what you had seen, it was still incredibly cute.

"Nice," he finally said. "Thank you?"

"Why, you're welcome, sweetheart." You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and placed a kiss on his cheek from behind. "I'll do me so we can match."

You got up again to grab your brush and another elastic, running the bristles through your own hair so there wouldn't be any knots. You sat back down again, beginning to section off your hair just as you had Shinsou's.

"Can I try?" he asked.

You beamed at him. "Of course."

You positioned yourself in front of him, feeling his fingers run over your own scalp a few times.

"Okay," he said. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

You chuckled, beginning to instruct him on how to braid. He picked it up pretty quickly, and from what you could feel by the end, he had done a decent job for his first time.

You tugged him off the bed and over to your mirror, standing at his side while both of you surveyed each other's work.

"Gorgeous," you said, leaning up to give his cheek another kiss.

"Indeed. So what do you want to do now?"

You hummed, thinking. "Wanna bake cookies?"

"As long as they have chocolate chips, I'm down."

You giggled and took his hand, leading him out of your bedroom. Rainy days spent with your boyfriend were the best, and you couldn't imagine spending them any other way.

꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡

Author's Note:

Hooray! An actual oneshot that isn't Kirishima!

We stan Kiribaby in this book, but I was really wanting to get some more love out for some of my other faves. I was thinking of doing some more Midoriya and/or Bakugou next.

This one ended up being a little shorter than I'd hoped but I also didn't want it to drag on for longer than it should, so it's just under 900 words. I need to get some more ideas with an actual plot . . . .

Side note; I actually really want to draw braided hair Hitoshi now so I might post a doodle sometime in my new book (Sugar's Book of Random). I don't know when.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little Shinsou drabble. I wrote it when I was supposed to be taking a break from writing so I wouldn't get burnt out, but then I was bored and it was 1 AM and I decided to just finish this WIP I had sitting in my doc. So yeah, that happened.

See you next time! I love you guys!

-Sugar

BTWs, this is kinda what I was thinking for the hairstyle: