Deep Blue Fantasy : Merman!Tamaki Amajiki (Part One)

Author's Note:

Finally! An AU by me! Yay! This is just part one of a little mini-series I decided to do. At the time I'm writing this, I have no idea how this story is really going to play out (a horrible stance to be in as an author, I know. I'm not supposed to do that, but here we are) so yeah, I don't know how long it's going to end up being. If it gets to be really long I might just move it out to its own separate book. I'm going to assume I upload it in about three or four parts but, like I said, it could be more, I have no idea. I'm just jumping into this feet first.

AnYwAy I had a lot of fun writing this and exploring the concept. I played around with different ideas and I think I might do another mermaid/man AU with a different character (because I like recycling ideas). Feel free to leave your own ideas, requests, and suggestions!

Btw, this whole story is going to be x fem reader. 

Also, the picture up top is a little off because I decided NOT to make Tamaki half-octopus (even though I thought about it and I love that idea).

I would like you to know that my friend calls him Tomato.

Enjoy some fun times with Mermaki and Merio!

-Sugar

✤✤✤

You inhaled deeply, the sea breeze perfectly filling your lungs

You inhaled deeply, the sea breeze perfectly filling your lungs. Salty water sprayed itself over your bare legs, droplets collecting and running down in cool rivulets that tickled the surface of your skin.

Every morning you came out on the rocks, watching the tumultuous waves crash over each other in the distance. Every day it was different. The sky might be a deep gray, reflecting upon the sea, turning her waters a mysterious black. Others the sky was clear and blue, and the ocean looked bright and inviting. But you knew her secrets. The ocean was one to be respected. No one dared enter her. The people of your town only looked on, scanning her depths. She was never benevolent.

You couldn't help but be drawn to her, however. The breeze flooded your senses, the sounds of the waves calmed you, and her sight hurled you into an almost poetic state. You began to hum, the music intertwining with the curls of deep green water. The form of a bird caught your attention, and you watched it catch the cool updrafts of the ocean breeze.

While you stood there, distractedly humming, something else was watching you. Someone.

Pale arms hugged a black rock protruding out of the water as the dark-haired figure watched your form, skirt fluttering in the breeze. He sighed, watching you, your gentle voice carrying over the water into his pointed awaiting ears. Tamaki Amajiki had a morning routine of his own, and that was watching you follow yours. Every day he would show up early to wait for you by the rocks, watching your angelic form as you gazed out wistfully at the sea.