Milkshakes and Existential Contemplation : Eijirou Kirishima

Author's Note:

Hello! This is the promised Kirishima birthday fic I've been looking forward to since fOrEvEr (and it's also taken me forever to write, goodness).

I'll pretend like it isn't wildly obvious that I wrote this during wildly different moods and levels of sleep deprivation.

Huge thank you to my IRL friend​ for helping me get this fic out on time! The ending was her idea!

Not much to say other than Happy birthday, Kirishima! He's undeniably my personal best boi and I love him with all my heart <3

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

-Sugar

══════✮❁•°♛°•❁✮ ══════ 

Eijirou knew he was in for quite a night when he awoke to your dark form hanging over him. Your hands gripped his shoulders from your stance at the side of his bed, and it took him a moment to even register that it was, in fact, you.

"(Y/N)? What time is it?" He yawned and rolled to his side, tugging his camo-print blanket over his shoulder. "Do you need cuddles again?" His voice made it evidently clear how deep a sleep he'd just come out of.

"Nah. It's like—two AM? I don't know, I was just thinking to myself and stuff and then it hit me that today is a very important day."

". . . It's nighttime."

You rolled your eyes in the dark. "Yeah, buuuut, it's also your birthday! Yay!"

Kirishima ran a hand over his face, wondering if/when he would be able to go back to sleep. "Yep. It's my birthday."

You ignored the less-than-enthused tone in his voice. "I better have been the first person to wish you a happy birthday. You know, on your birthday. You didn't get any phone calls yet or anything?"

"Nope. You're the first."

"Yeah!" You pumped your fist in the air.

"Is that what you wanted?" he asked. "Because I've got a pretty good idea of what I would like as my first present." Eijirou shuffled over a bit to make more room for you, lifting the blanket next to him. "Snuggles with my pebble."

You paused at his proposition, looking into the shadowy abyss that was Kirishima's bed. There was a part of you that wanted to curl up in his warm arms, falling together with him into the realm that is sleep. You could already feel the kisses he'd leave on your cheeks, whispering broken 'good night's and 'I love you's as you drifted off. But no, you had something a little different in mind.

"Actuallyyy," you said, drawing out the word. "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a little date."

Kirishima furrowed his eyebrows together in the dark. "Like . . . right now?"

"Yeah."

". . . where?"

"I was thinking Denny's. You know how it's got that certain vibe right about now? It'll be like we're stepping into a whole other world."

Kirishima looked at your shadowy face. It was clear that you were almost as tired and sleep deprived as him, and your brain probably wasn't all there. A part of him could recognize that he wasn't exactly being himself either due to his cut-off sleep. He wasn't as peppy as usual (though, to be honest, who is at this hour of the morning?). However, Kirishima had to admit that he was intrigued by the idea. You had both discussed this concept once a few weeks ago while you were scheming date ideas. He'd thought it sounded fun at the time, but he certainly hadn't expected it tonight.