Ice Cream Date : Izuku Midoriya

Author's Note:

So this is just a quick little Izuku drabble for a sad and down reader. No warnings, it's even gender neutral! Just a bit more fluff to hopefully pick up your day a bit and gain some more broccoli boi content from me!

Enjoy!

-Sugar

═══════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*══════

You sat at the desk in your room, a heavy feeling pressed around you. Nothing all too specifically was wrong, you simply felt . . . blah. Scrolling through as many feeds and windows on your laptop as your flighty yet sluggish brain could think of, you attempted to pass the time until you could finally just go to bed and end this day.

You had been sitting for too long. You just knew it. Maybe getting up and walking around would make you feel better, but the heaviness only seemed to worsen at the thought, stubbornly pressing you more into your seat. Things that you could do floated around in your head, only to be quickly replaced by your brain nagging you about things you probably should be doing. You internally growled and laid your head on your desk, willing yourself to just get something productive done. Maybe that would make you feel better.

You opened a paper that you needed to have finished by next week. Words hastily jotted down from a few nights ago taunted you, your brain stubbornly refusing to offer anything helpful to add on. You tried forcing something out of you, only to instantly delete it. Ugh. Maybe taking a nap would work?

You pried yourself out of your chair and switched off the lights, flopping onto your bed in defeat. The darkness wasn't helping and the silence and lack of distraction only allowed for more intrusive thoughts and anxieties to cloud your mind.

A knock at your door interrupted your spiraling stupor. You let out an exaggerated groan to signal to the person on the other side that they could come in.

"(Y/N)?" Your dorm room door hesitantly clicked and swung open, just enough for someone to peek inside. Already having a good guess as to who it was, you rolled over and lifted your head only to confirm that it was, in fact, Izuku Midoriya who was looking in on you.

"Hi," you greeted, internally wincing at how bored and uninterested you sounded.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"Sure."

Izuku slipped in, shutting the door behind him and plunging the room back into its previous darkness. "Are you doing okay?" He reached a hand down to stroke gently over your cheek, concern lacing his features.

You reached up to cover his hand with yours, sighing. "Not really."

Izuku suddenly gave you a saddened look, almost worried. "Is something wrong?"

"Not quite," you said. "Just having one of those days."

"Oh." Izuku sucked his lip between his teeth, giving it a small nibble. "Do you want a hug?"

"Sure." You moved over so he could slide in behind you, pulling you into his strong arms so your back pressed against his chest.

"Is there anything in particular you need?" he asked, eyes closed as he brushed his nose over your cheek.

"Not really," you said. "This is nice, though. Thank you."

He hummed, reaching up to run a hand through your hair. "I actually came in here to ask you something," he said softly.