Get Some Rest : Katsuki Bakugou

Author's Note:

Okay, so I'll keep this short. I have been pulling some all-nighters recently for school and stuff (plz don't come after me) and so while I was frazzled at four AM, I thought of this concept. We got a short and sweet soft Baku drabble, so uh, take this as a sign to get a good night's sleep!

Love you! Take care of yourselves!

-Sugar

Warnings: Cursing, but you already could guess that

。o.゚。*・♡♡・*。゚o。

Bakugou began to stir awake behind closed eyelids, the vaguest traces of light seeping into the room through your curtains. To his annoyance, he found the space around himself to be cooler than usual. That was odd. And he felt almost . . . lonely.

His face curled into its familiar scowl, a large, calloused hand coming up to blindly pat the space around him. To his further disgust and dismay, the bed seemed to be empty, and he was alone in the sheets.

The man's eyes snapped open, checking once more that you were gone. He sat up, still frowning. In all the years that you'd been together, he'd always woken up first without fail. Unless you were up already, doing something else, which must be the case. Bakugou growled to himself. This was the third time this month you'd stayed up all night, and it was really starting to piss him off.

He tossed aside the blankets and swung his legs over the side of the bed. It was on his way to the bathroom that he heard the door behind him quietly click and swing open. You ducked in, blatantly trying to be sneaky as you hadn't realized Katsuki was already up. When you saw his frame standing by the bathroom door, you jumped, then internally cursed yourself for getting caught.

Your man crossed his arms. "And just what do you think you're doing?" he asked, voice dangerous.

You looked down at the floor, a slippered foot toeing the carpet below you. "I, um, I was just—"

His voice was borderline accusatory as he cut you off. "You pulled another all-nighter, didn't you?"

You sighed. "Well, yeah. But I was coming back to bed so that maybe I could sleep for a couple of hours—"

"Damn right, you are."

You blinked and met his gaze, your mind a little foggy from exhaustion.

"Get in bed. I'll be there in a second, just give me a minute."

"Okay." You bobbed your head in compliance with his command, shuffling to your shared mattress and sliding under the covers.

Bakugou came out of the bathroom to find you sitting up in bed waiting for him, staring blankly at your fingers as you twisted the soft material of the blanket. He wordlessly climbed in next to you, caging you in his arms and pulling you onto his chest.

"Now what the hell do you think you're doing with all this?"

"Hmm?" You were already growing distracted by how warm and comfortable it was laying on him.

"Staying up all hours of the night."

"I'm being productive." You nuzzled your nose into the fabric of his shirt, inhaling his homey scent.

"You need to take a fucking break every once and a while, especially if it's to take care of yourself. I don't like this 'not getting any sleep' bullshit. If it were a one-time thing, then sure, but you've been doing it too much."

Your eyelids felt so heavy, you were mere moments away from drifting off to sleep. The steady breaths of the blond above you rustled your hair, and the effect was oddly soothing. You were past the state of protesting against his words, only focused on how good it felt to finally be so relaxed again.

"I know it's hard because I go to bed way earlier than you," Bakugou continued, "but if I can't trust you to come to bed, I'm going to have to make you go to sleep with me at eight."

You sighed, letting your eyebrows furrow at his threats. You had to admit, it wasn't your favorite part of the relationship when you'd find yourself climbing into bed with him on your own time. Usually he was already asleep by the time you were ready to follow suit, and often, he wouldn't even wake up once you curled up next to him. While it would be wonderful to actually fall asleep together, that was far too early for you.

"Let's talk about this later," you mumbled against him, voice already far away. "M'sleepy."

Bakugou's chest rose and fell in a dramatic sigh of his own. "Alright, dumbass. You're not off the hook yet. But you'd better get all the sleep you need, now. I'm not going to let you out of bed until you do."

You smirked at the statement, eyes already closed as your breaths began to even out. Bakugou looked at your form, which was right on the cusp of sleep. He rubbed circles onto your lower back and kissed the top of your head, taking a moment to savor the scent of your shampoo. You were so peaceful like this, and undeniably adorable.

It was still early, and Bakugou had to admit that he'd been cold the entire time he'd been deprived of your presence. You weren't going anywhere anytime soon, so he might as well take up this golden opportunity while he could.

You had already fallen asleep in his arms, sinking ever deeper into the layered depths of slumber. What could it hurt for him to do the same?

Bakugou placed a small kiss onto your forehead, letting your hairline tickle his nose as he did so. He settled back into his pillow, gently shifting the blankets so they properly covered you both.

Katsuki shut his eyes once more. A certain familiar peace he found only in the presence and comfort of you stole over him. With your back steadily rising and falling under his large palm, Bakugou let himself slip off to sleep, the rest of the world fading around him.