Chapter 4-The Assylum

After travelling for what seems like hours we finally pull in to the town Alice once lived.
I look around and then back at Alice, checking if she finds anything familiar, she has no memory of anything.
We drive past the local church and the local high school, no visible indication or emotional signs she remembers anything. We stop at a gas station and fill up, we buy two bottles of water and some snacks so we can ask directions for the hospital claiming a distant relative is ill. We know that the asylum is just around the corner from the hospital.
We drive for another 5 minutes and I hesitate, I feel drawn to the local graveyard, but I can't think of any reason why. But the feeling is drawing me in, so I pull up at the side of the road and coach Alice out.
After casually walking through the first seven rows of graves I understand why, I can see a grave with a teenage girl with the name Alice on.
I look around hoping to see someone who works here or anyone who would any more information. I clock the dates on the tombstone and my curiosity is only growing stronger when I see it only reads "daughter". Not beloved daughter, our angel of a daughter, our beautiful daughter, just says daughter.
I quickly check on my wife, and she's pretending to be ok, but really her stance and expression are all wrong.
I look at her and wish she didn't always try to be so strong for everyone. But then I remember she can't trust me with anything, I just tried to suck the life out of someone who is (almost) family. Now I just feel pure hatred for my primal urges, and as I look at the expression on Alice's face I make a promise to never let her down again.
I hold her hand as we make our way back to the car.
A few minutes later and we begin to see the signs for the hospital, it means we are close.
Without my eyes leaving the road I grab my wife's hand and give her a reassuring squeeze, which unfortunately is the best I can offer her at this moment in time. We turn round the corner and find a building left in ruins decaying.
The smell alone is making me feel on edge, and I feel anxious just walking towards the building. "Get back in the car Alice, I wanna check it out". She has stopped moving completely and I feel a shiver up my spine as I see what Alice sees in front of us.