Alice-Departure

I can tell Bella is going through the motions and not really having a good time but I'm upset she is stressed or nervous instead of what I was expecting disappointed or unenthusiastic. I've thought of everything for her so why is she stressed, she is ruining my buzz. I'm grateful for Jaspers help but she doesn't need it, or at least she shouldn't need it. I let my mind wonder and think how different this party would be if I had organized the party for Angela. I bet she would be thrilled by the cake and my efforts, actually no she wouldn't she would hate it as she is so shy and hates being center of attention but she would be a better actor. Now Jessica would be over the moon, or would she want more...
I don't even have time to register what is happening, all I see is Jasper being restrained by Emmett after running at Bella. After all it's only a little blood, I really thought he was doing so well, until tonight. Edward has just pushed him, I feel torn, obviously if it was an enemy vampire I would be worse than Edward to protect Bella, but it's my partner my beloved. I'm just about to rip Edward apart when it hits me, the smell of blood has at least tripled and as I look at Bella I understand why.
I'm ashamed that the smell is almost tempting me, and I understand this must be so hard for Jasper, I look around and apart from Carlisle everyone is struggling with their inner demons. I look in his eyes and understand that we will struggle for centuries until we can control our thirst.
I leave the room and go to me and Jaspers room to console him but he's gone, he isn't there. I get a flashback he is in a desert, on his own in ragged worn out clothes and red eyes. He has decided to leave me, he can't cope with this lifestyle.
I run downstairs and grab just who I need. "Edward! Edward you bring him back, if he doesn't come back I, ....I,... Just please bring him back, I need him." I drop to the floor and just try not to let my insecurities consume me. I need him, and he has left.
Minutes past and then I get a vision of me and Jasper traveling in a car, which must mean that he is coming back. I leap up and hug Esme tightly, he is coming back. Thank you Edward, thank you.
Jasper comes back and then Edward, family meeting 5 minutes no excuses.