Chapter 21- De ja vue

"Jasper, you're shaking, you need to calm down."

I try to stop my angry convulsions but I can't, she is back there, of course. She was trapped there before, I guess I kind of knew she would be trapped there again, but I feel so angry that I ever left her alone for this to happen.

Once I save her Rosalie and Emmett I'll kill Emmett for failing his promise to me, he promised to keep her safe and return her to me.

"Jasper, would you please stop punching that boulder and tell me where she is, I can't read minds" I hear his flinch as he undoubtedly thinks of his other son whom is a mind reader. I suppose Carlisle has never had to deal with his sons all being separated before. My anger subsides enough for me to let out 3 syllables.

"A-sy-lum"

I shake so badly with anger I can't stand up straight, meaning Carlisle has to support me. I look in to his face and see his absolute disgust.

He heard about what we discovered there, and I can tell he is now angry at the idea of Alice being locked up there again but also horrified because so are Rosalie and Emmett.

Damn you Edward, damn you to hell. We need back up, if 3 of us wasn't enough then 2 is unlikely to be. All of us tried him, me Carlisle and Esme but no response. If it was me and Emmett maybe we could beat the wolves but Carlisle is too peaceful to pull this off.

Again Carlisle rings Esme, although this time not only does he demand privacy but he takes much longer than a minute. I guess he is saying his goodbyes, and I hope Esme will understand.

He returns and the run begins, Carlisle is running full pace I know but right now I hate him a little for slowing me down, who knows what the wolves are doing to them.

The Asylum is 22 miles away so it takes longer than a minute to reach, we cross a lake a small church and a road and then finally I start to recognize it all again, we are almost there.

Just before we can see it I can smell smoke, there's a fire and it's coming from the asylum. The entrance is consumed with red flames and the smoke is filling the cold air surrounding it. Carlisle runs around and finds a window without bars we can get in to, please let all my family be safe, please.

I enter through the window and it's just like last time, I know where she will be, in the area where she was locked up. We run down the corridor away from the fast spreading flames. We enter and sure enough all 3 of them are locked in a cell, but there are no wolves... Where are the wolves?