Chapter 24- New Home

The turbulence doesn't last long, but everyone is panicking, I use my gift to calm everyone on the plane down. It takes a good five minutes but eventually I've managed to make everyone relax and stop panicking. The pilot drives the plane past the rough patch and the remainder of the journey is smooth.

We land in Athens where Esme is waiting frantically for us. We all hug her, although we didn't really have much of a choice since she threw herself at us. In fact it's a little bit out of character for Esme who apart from Carlisle keeps up the human blend in facade the best out of the whole family.

I gently kiss her on the cheek to get her off my case more than anything and remind her Emmett needs to hunt. In fact we all do, it's been so long since any of us properly hunted. And so we get into a nice Toyota car Esme bought in our absence and go to some woods near our home, to Alice Emmett and Rosalie our new home.

We enter the woods and split off into pairs, obviously Carlisle and Esme insist on phones being taken l, although I don't intend to be long I want Alice to see our room.

Me and Alice head East past a small river, surrounded by trees. There's a mixture of bark and grass trails which we only follow for a short while. We dart off heading away from the river and a family walking with their pet dog in to more denser parts of the wood. I can hear an owl or a bird of a similar size in the distance, a few frogs and I think I can also detect a lizard but none of this interests me, I only have eyes for Alice.

She seems more timid but somehow more free, almost as if she is weary of what happened but grateful for a change in scenery. We feed quickly so we can regroup after finding some medium sized mamals, Alice has told me its name 3 times now but it is simply not sticking in my head.

We return to the car, and then check our phones, Carlisle and Esme are on their way back. And Rose has messaged they are on their way back, but the Emmett has messaged say dont wait for them. Which most likely means they are busy, in public which is shameful. However as Rose promised they return before Esme and Carlisle. We then drive for a further 20 minutes and pull up at our new house. I look at Alice hoping she likes it, but her face remains blank.

We go inside and she laughs at the fact that she can see the kitchen has already become an office for Esme, with the Dinning room being for Carlisle, the lounge remains communal and then there is the stairs. We climb them and i show her into our room, im tempted to carry her over the threshold, but she has been through an ordeal and i dont want her to think i expect anything, i just want her to be happy and safe. She looks around and i can tell she has noticed all the memoirs i have dotted around the room for her. She pulls me into the armchair and we spend the next few hours with her clutching me as she sits on my lap whilst I simply hold her and repeatedly stroke her back. I tilt my head back and close my eyes counting each time I stroke her back 1, 2, 3 ....