Chapter 29- Starting To Making Sense

The whole family is gathered around except Edward who is still with Bella as she sleeps, I get the feeling he won't be back for a long time.
At the head is Carlisle, to the left is Alice and then me, on the right is Esme and Rosalie and Emmett is stood up leaning on Rosalies chair. Everyone is tensed and ready, waiting to hear the whole story. Of course it would be easier with Edward but he refuses to leave Bella and Carlisle won't force him to leave now.
So me and Alice began by recapping our time apart from the family, how we had many run in with Wolves, how Bella had tried to communicate and that Alice thought she had lost her powers of foresight. How even now there were many unanswered questions and how her mothers choices made no sense. Then Rosalie told her part, how she had communicated the vision Alice had about Bella drowning and how he hung up. Alice then took over and told her tale from Fawkes, how Bella had jumped off a cliff and almost drowned, how she had been pulled from the water by her new friend Jacob and how Victoria had been trying to get to Bella for weeks if not longer. Esme added the news from the Denalis that their newest family member Laurent was missing. Then Alice told what had happened in Volterra with the Volturi.
After 3 hours of sharing our stories we still weren't sure of certain things, where was Victoria? Why did Alice not see certain things despite her desperately trying to? What was the connection with the wolves? And what would become of Bella?

Esme settle the fate of Bella quickly, she could remain human or be changed in to a vampire, it would be Bellas choice and there would be no pressure on her to decide. As a family unit we could protect her until she had thought it through properly. We all agreed, we were strong enough to protect her from Victoria and there was no rush for an irreversible procedure. However it concerned all of us that Alice despite keeping tabs on Victoria had been unable to have visions about her. Yet when she had tried on Jessica for example she had been able to without failure. Although Jessica's thoughts and courses lead to very Jessica orientated things such as what she would buy, what she would wear etc

How was Victoria able to avoid detection of Alices foresight? Then there was the matter of the wolves, what was the connection. Esme then asked a verry important question, one that started to make some sense. "If Bella was drowning, and we know she isnt a strong swimmer, then who pulled her out?" Alices response was very casual, as i dont think she realised the significance of what would be revealed. "Her new friend Jacob Black, i still dont understand why she chose to be friends with a werewolf, were we not enough of the mystical for her?"

Me and Carlisle both looked at each other, both perhaps realising what Alice had said before she did.

"So you didnt see the warewolf pull her out Alice?"

"I literally just said that keep up guys"

"We need to speak to Bella once she is awake, i think something is starting to make sense, but i need her to confirm it for us"

"agreed"