Chapter 27- Bella!

It took me a few attempts but I convinced Alice to believe me that it was best to wait for Carlisle to figure out what was happening.
She isn't happy with me right now, but hopefully once Carlisle comes up with some answers as to how Bella is communicating she will agree with me, it was worth it though.
I've never heard of anyone being able to communicate through Alice's visions before, and I would be lying if I didn't admit to being scared at the idea of others knowing. There are some vampires who would manipulate Alice if they knew a way to do it in, and if potentially a human was able to then who knows who else.
It's been a long time since Edward has been in touch and Esme is starting to show signs of being upset. She has made about 60 paintings which consists of only blue and grey; I'm surprised Carlisle hasn't intervened but she just needs a release, plus she has sold all but one of her paintings and donated the money to local charities so it's not all bad. I just wish he would call, is it so hard to call and let us know what is happening.
This gives me an idea! If Bella truly is trying to communicate to Alice then maybe she could just call her, her number must be recorded somewhere I can find by searching on the internet.
"Rose, are you hunting tonight?"
Of course she is her and Emmett hunt 3 times a week with almost no exception. Monday Wednesday and Friday, it's funny that I never noticed before how they avoid the days beginning with S and T.
"Would you mind if Alice came too?"
"Sure, no problem"
Great so that gives me about half an hour to surprise Alice with the number before she gets back.
I wait patiently for them to leave and then sprint to Carlisle's study to begin my research. After 3 wasted minutes I realise my mistake, I highlight Isabella on the computer and begin typing a new word C H A R L I E.
A number appears, perfect, I begin writing it down when I realise I'm not alone. Carlisle is looking over my shoulder, and I can tell without looking at his facial expressions that he is disappointed in me.
"Jasper, what are you doing? You know we can't contact her. If Edward knew he would be outraged."
"Yes, except he's not here. I know we made that promise, but I swear Bella is trying to communicate with Alice, maybe she is in trouble?"
"We don't know that"
"Yes, but if we rang her we could find out, I just want to be able to give Alice the chance to check she is safe, that's all nothing else".
"Burn it before I do, if Esme were to see this she would be heartbroken".
I reluctantly throw it in to the fire and watch it crackle and turn to ash. I can't help but think of James, and can't help but feel that something more is happening back in forks.
"Alice? Alice what's wrong?"
I didn't even notice her arrive until Carlisle looked up in shock.
"Bella! She jumped off a cliff... I think she committed suicide. I need to ring her now!"