Chapter 7- The Journey To Europe

"Alice, I beg you, please talk to me, please. I know you're hurting, I know that it's my fault, but please let me help you".
"First of all Jasper none of this is your fault and secondly I'm not hurting over what you might think I am. I feel really numb and guilty that I don't feel pain for my past. But I just don't remember Jasper and every time I try I feel worse for not being able to. Jasper I don't feel anything and I'm too messed up for you to help me. What I'm really hurting over is that I miss Bella, I keep trying to see her future but I can't. Every time I try to read her future it's blank, actually it's the same for Victoria too".
I involuntary hiss at her name, and I'm ready to pounce , triple checking the room. I relax a little after realising she isn't in the room, she makes me on edge. Ever since killing James we have been expecting her to come after Edward or one of us to get her revenge. I didn't realise Alice was keeping watch but then again it did make sense.
"Alice I need to leave and be there in Greece for 10 days time." She looks nervous as she next speaks, what if I'm not ready to leave by then?
The next hour we discuss the whys and the how's for both of us staying and both of us leaving, but we come to a stalemate. She wants to stay, she needs to explore all the places she numbered on a map, trying to piece together her human life whereas I don't want to let Carlisle down.
That night inspiration hits me, and before I ask Alice has handed me the phone.
"Emmett, I've found some huge bears hibernating, yeah in a cave one minute run from us (this is a complete lie but a necessary one) well I was going to but there were twelve of them and Alice is worried about loosing me (this part is not untrue). Well either way I'll be joining Carlisle in Greece soon, yeah he booked me on a night course with him. Alice, well she would like to stay but Carlisle has set a pretty tight story and I don't want to ruin it. (I've pretty much got him hooked in) what you and Rose come and stay with Alice and then join us later, well it could work. Although promise me you won't take on the bears Emmett, they really are huge (of course there aren't any bears and even if there was he could more than handle them). So you'll be here in 24 hours, great we will come pick you up."
Perfect now Alice can work through all 26 places she marked on the map, and I won't let Carlisle down again.
Alice has already become more happy since our conversation, possibly because she was able to open up, or maybe because her visions are getting to be both more accurate and more common. Either way I can't help but hold her in my arms.
Somehow I don't feel complete when Alice isn't in my arms like this. She fits me perfectly and she is the only one who understands me truly for who I am. I can feel her take a deep inhale, and I do the same, taking in her lovely scent of mixed flowers and something I have never been able to identify.
I hold her like this for over 3 hours before deciding we need to hunt before going to the airport.
As we enter the woods 2 very different and distinctive smells hit my nose. One is a vampire, the other is wolf stench. I tense and get ready to protect Alice. My teeth are ready to attack and a small hiss escapes my lips. I grab Alice and sling her on my back, and begin running back to the hotel, her back is against mine so she can warn me if anything approaches from behind. I don't bother with the reception entrance since it is late at night/early morning instead leaping up the building and climbing into our bedroom. I double check the room, then after reassuring Alice run back to the woods.
I begin searching, and after a full hour find nothing and no one, guessing it was a fluke and also knowing Alice is waiting I race back to the hotel.
I see Alice and feel as her emotions effect me, the relief that I'm fine and have returned. I grab her and tenderly kiss her lips and now I have two burning hungers, two passionate desires. I decide to act upon the hunger. We both leap in to the night and hunt quickly aiming to be back quickly.
As soon as we are back I act upon the other desire and to my relief it would appear my wife has the same urges.
After abstaining since we destroyed James it seems Alice was at the same stage I was.
The next few days pass in a blur, with Emmett wanting to know where the nonexistent bears are and Alice's map I'm kept busy until my flight to Greece.
There have been no more sightings of a wolf however every so often a fading scent will appear, and so I leave relatively relaxed knowing Alice only has four more places left to explore and that Emmett, despite being upset about no bears, has decided to join her for all of them.
I board the plane and take one last look at my beloved wife knowing I will be reunited soon.