The Art Of Chill

I sat in the treetops staring at the mountain in the distance. Getting up hadn't been to difficult, just a simple climb. The idea was to scout out a place to stay until rescue arrived. From afar the mountain looked like an ideal place to hold out, but we recently learned the hard way that a closer look always pays off. 

I picked up the binoculars laying on a branch next to me and looked through them. I could now see faint flying dots moving around the mountains. Pterosaurs. I lowered my binoculars and glared at the mountain with distaste, then I looked to another tree and saw Darius in the branches, he was also looking at the mountain as well as the trees ahead of us. He looked over at me expecting a report, I shook my head at him and he sighed and lowered himself back down the tree. I did the same, we dropped down and landed back on the ground, where the others were waiting for us. 

I pulled out a map of the park we had found back on Main Street and crossed out the mountain. Everyone groaned in annoyance. "Sorry guys," I said, "but the mountain is full of Pterosaur nesting grounds".

"Okay so the mountain is out because of dinosaurs," Brooklynn said. "The grasslands and jungle is out because of dinosaurs".

"Don't forget about the T-rex on Main Street," Sammy spoke up from her spot on the ground.

"Right," Yasmina said. "And Kenji's penthouse is out because he's bad at math". She looked annoyingly at Kenji from his own spot on the ground, he looked perfectly fine with sitting in a jungle filled with dinosaurs.

"Hey, I didn't know my dad was serious about changing the lock combinations on the penthouse if I failed algebra," Kenji said. "That is not my fault".

"That's actually completely your fault," Yasmina threw back at him. He grumbled and sat back and closed his eyes.

"Look we just need a place to stay alive until help arrives," Sammy said, restating the plan.

"How?" Yasmina asked. "It's been two days since the beacon was activated, we've been doing nothing but walking, we're running out of ideas".

"Well there is one place left, but your probably not going to like it," Darius said. He pulled the map from my hands and inspected it closely. "Hah, I thought we were near there," he then packed the map away in one of the bags and told us to follow him.

0O0

Camp Cretaceous stood before us, just as we had left it, old and in shambles and completely ruined. It felt like forever since we were here, since the Indominus emerged from the forest and turned our lives upside down in an instant. "Are you serious?" Kenji asked, "didn't we specifically decide to run away from this place?"

"Just here me out," Darius said.  "We've got a fresh stream for clean water, we have a covering of trees to protect us from dinosaur attacks". Brooklynn cleared her throat. "Okay, most dinosaur attacks," Darius corrected himself. "Besides if you were a rescue team looking for a bunch of campers, wouldn't camp be the first place you'd look?" We looked at each other and nodded, he was right. "And to top it all off, we've got a pile of supplies right here to build a shelter," he gestured to the rubble of what was once the common room and our bunks. They're, uh, broken supplies but should be good enough, right Brooklynn?"

"What do you mean?" Brooklynn asked.

"I mean, you must've made at least one video on building a shelter, right?" Darius said.

"Yeah, all you do is make videos," Kenji said.

"Excuse me," Brooklynn exclaimed. "I do other stuff, I have a whole life of other stuff...but yes, I did help the raise that barn in 'Unboxing Amish Country'.