Evasive Action

A/N: So sorry for the long wait. I really didn't think school would keep me weighed down for so long, not to mention I was a little burnt out. But I've come out the other side now and I've implemented a new strategy. Every time I write, I complete five minutes of an episode, so by simple math, there should be a new chapter every four to five days. I'll try not to take so long next time.

Once again, sorry for the long silence and enjoy the chapter.

I was completely weightless.

I was awake. But I couldn't open my eyes. I was totally exhausted.

I could barely even think straight in the darkness of my mind. Like some force was keeping me in a kind of limbo. Slowly, more and more of myself came back to me. I could feel my arms being held above me by something. My legs were hanging  below me, without touching the ground. I could hear the faint sound of my breathing and the subtlest noise of robotic movements somewhere nearby. I smelt a dank and damp aroma in my nostrils. Now I could my own eyelids closed around my sight like a blanket, keeping me locked in this half-sleep.

Where was I?

What happened?

Somebody was calling my name. It broke through my sleep like a spear. With a huge amount of effort, I forced my eyelids open and looked around.

I was in a glass cage, like the ones used to trap the baby dinosaurs. I gasped as it all came back to me. The battle with the investors and the BRADs. Getting electrocuted and falling unconscious.

I looked up and made to step forward, but my legs limply felt open air. I looked down and saw them suspended just above the ground. "What?" I looked up, my arms were held above my head by hanging chains a cuff around both my wrists, keeping me hanging mid-air.

I struggled and shook against them, but they didn't come loose. I faced forward again, looking through the glass. Two BRAD-X's stood guard in front of me in this dark, wet and destroyed room. Pipes were broken, puddles were in the corners and overturned desks and chairs were scattered all over the place. 

This room was old. Why was this place so different to the rest of the place. That is...if I was still on Mantah Corp Island.

"Max".

My head snapped to the left and saw a tablet stood up on a desk and facing me. The screen was on, displaying Kenji. "Ha, Kenji! Am I glad to see you!" I called. "Where am I? Are the others okay?"

"I don't if you can hear me or not. But this is a pre-recorded message to you," Kenji said. That's when I noticed he was still in that suit from when he...trapped us in a field of drones. 

"Kenji. No," I whispered.

"Max, the others didn't understand. You're the last person who might understand why I'm doing this," Kenji said. "I'll try to explain, but I don't have a lot of time since we're headed out to Isla Nublar soon". The recorded Kenji picked a small device and showed it to me. It displayed a small control chip, but with severe signs of degradation on it and several red alert symbols on it. 

"I'm joining my dad, not just for him, but for you as well, Max. When you were ten years old, you were injected with a control chip. It's become damaged and is malfunctioning faster and faster the more you tap into your abilities. That shock you took from the BRAD-X damaged the chip in your head even more. Now, my dad theorises you've got less than a week left before your human side is overrun with dinosaur genes".

I shut my eyes in an attempt to block all of this out. I had suspected that...something was inside my head, thanks to all the headaches, but I never could have imagined it would be a control chip.