The Nublar Seven

I was completely oblivious to what was going on around me. Blood was pounding in my ears, preventing me from hearing anyone around me. My eyes had darkened and the world around was collapsing. The only thing I could see through the darkness was the body of Big Eatie, still and lifeless.

Then, the body morphed and changed, and suddenly, I was seeing myself, dead on the ground with my eyes frozen open, staring at nothing. Another figure emerged from the darkness, their face was hidden as they bent down over the dead version of me and gently touched its face.

Then, the figure looked up and I realised I was looking at myself. My own hazel eyes met his golden eyes. He stood up, smiling with a sinister look about him. Then he crouched low and leapt toward me, a clawed hand reaching out to me.

A second later, I was back in the forest biome, with the Spinosaurus still roaring in victory with Big Eatie dead under her. Someone was shaking my shoulder and calling my name as Daniel, Hawkes and Seth approached us.

It was like all my senses came back at once and I blinked, yelping in shock as I held my head in pain.

"We have to help her," Darius cried, taking a step towards the fallen Dinosaur.

I ran forward and pulled him back. "Darius. She's gone". He fought against me, still trying to reach her, but my strength overpowered his as I dragged him back with the others. He soon got the message and ran alongside me. We found the nearest observation and deck and climbed up the ladder, keeping low to the ground as we watched the Spinosaurus and Toro walk past below us.

"If he's willing to kill Big Eatie. What would he do to us to get that password?" Yasmina asked, clearly already aware of the answer.

"Great. So either stay and face certain death...," Ben began.

"Or we leave the island," Brooklynn finished solemnly.

"Brooklynn's right," Darius said as he stood up. "We have to get to the boat.

"Really?" Sammy said in disbelief. "After everything we've been through, we're just throwing in the towel and leaving the dinosaurs to fend for themselves?"

Darius looked away in uncertainty. If we left, the dinosaurs fate was all but sealed, if we stayed, so was ours. Was there really nothing we could do? I looked down at my hands, at some point, the short claws on my hand had shrunk back down to normal size. Last time this happened, I had to cut them off. Was I getting the hang of them? Or did this mean I was approaching the end?

I clenched my hand into a fist and stood up. "Everyone, go to the boat and get out. I'll stay here and keep them busy for as long as I can".

"That's suicide!" Sammy cried.

"It doesn't make a difference, I'm dead soon anyway. You all know that," I said as I turned around to face them. They each shared pained looks, I know they never really got a chance to process anything involving the chip, but there wasn't any time anymore. The best I could do was make some, just enough for them to get out.

"Please. This is your only chance".

"No!" Yasmina shot to her feet and walking over to me. "You're coming with us!" She faced everyone else. "We're all going to the boat, right now!"

"But...".

Yasmina shot a look at me that made my voice die in my throat. I turned and looked out at the forest. I wasn't making it through today unless some miracle happened, but there was no way that could happen.

At least...not for me, but maybe...

"All right," I said reluctantly. "Everyone, let's move. We won't have an open window for long".