Happy Birthday Eddie

The wilderness was deathly quiet, no-one dared make a sound, Darius led us through a few bushes and made as little noise as possible. Suddenly a twig snapped behind us, we all spun around screaming. Ben took his foot off the twig he had just stepped on, "sorry, guys" he said. We all growled at him.

"Okay, we're all just a little on edge," I said.

"Yeah, no kidding," Yasmina said.

"Are we even sure we are going the right way?" Sammy said.

"I would know if I had my phone," Brooklynn said, "it has a GPS, a compass app and is also a phone".

Yasmina stamped her foot. "Would you stop talking about the phone!?" She yelled.

"Guys, please," I said. "We don't know how close the Indominus-rex is". Everyone shut up immediately and glanced around. Okay, maybe I shouldn't have said that.

"Max is right," Kenji said. "What we need is someone who can make the hard choices, since I'm obviously leadership material...".

I looked at him from behind with an angry expression. "Excuse me, who got you out of the zip-line scenario?" I wanted to say.

"I'll do this", Kenji said. "Now, my first decree as leader is...for everyone to stop talking and listen to Darius". We all looked at Kenji, I was getting tired of feeding into his fantasies.

"Please," Brooklynn said. "Your just trying to cover up the fact that your lost too, none of us now where we are".

I looked around, I felt like I knew this place, then I remembered where I had seen this before. "I know where we are," Darius said before I could get my words out. "We're near the Carnotaurus pen". He ran through the bushes.

"I thought this place looked familiar", Kenji said. "Am I an excellent leader or what?" He lead everyone to follow Darius through the bushes, everyone was close behind.

"I recognise this part of the fence," he said. I burst from the bushes and my jaw dropped.

"The broken, ripped down fence," I finished for him. Sure enough the fence had a huge hole in the side that could have only been made by a dinosaur.

"That means," Ben said, "Toro is out too".

"Now we gotta deal with the Indominus and Toro," Darius said. Wait a second, I thought. I looked over to Ben.

"Hold on, how did you know about Toro?" I said.

"Kenji told us, like, the day after it happened," Yasmina said. I glared at Kenji.

"In my defence," Kenji said. "Me reciting how I saved you was super cool".

"We know this pen is due north of the main park", Darius said. "So if we head that way, we should run into the main park and find someone to help".

"Yes", Kenji said. "Exactly what I was gonna say, as leader". He began to walk away, "follow me", he called enthusiastically.

The roar of the Indominus-rex rang out. "Guys we have to move!" I said. We all picked up the pace a bit.

A few minutes later, we emerged from the bushes into a clearing and the sight before us was horrible, a Gyrosphere sat there with all the glass broken leaving only remnants of the mechanical workings, next to it, a fully grown Ankylosaurus lay dead on the ground, its neck twisted at an odd angle. I walked towards it. This was clearly the work of the Indominus.

"Predators don't just kill without feeding," Darius said as he kneeled down in front of the dinosaurs. "This isn't right".

"None of this is right," I said. "The Indominus isn't just a regular old dinosaur".