A New Day

A/N: First off, just want to apologise for the super long hiatus, online learning really takes a lot of energy out of you, and I've also been planning a new story. But now I'm on school holidays and feeling motivated again. This and more chapters to come will take place before season 3 and go into detail about the failed plans on the blackboard that we see crossed out, enjoy!

The sun rose over the quiet of island of Isla Nublar, the inhabitants, the herbivores at least, were beginning to slowly wake up and begin their usual day of eating sleeping and walking around, letting dinosaurs be dinosaurs.

The quiet morning was about to be thoroughly interrupted by two particularly mischievous beings who had the bright idea to play a trick on the rest of their gang. The two of them climbed the structure they had made, giggling the entire way up and taking a deep breath. One handed the other a megaphone and stepped back with a huge grin. The other one, now holding the megaphone stepped forward and inhaled deeply and switched the megaphone on.

"Goooooood morning, Camp Cretaceous!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, I heard the sounds of my fellow campers yelping as they woke up abruptly. "It's your boys, Max...". I handed the megaphone to my friend.

"...And Kenji...!" He said with equal enthusiasm.

"In the mornings!" We both sang in perfect unison. "Today, the whether seems to be a regular old sunny day along with a little bit of clouds". I turned to my colleague. "Kenji? What's our status on dinosaur migrations?"

Kenji straightened his posture and snatched the device from my hand. "We know not what the dinosaurs are doing but we can guess they are... waking up. Also I saw a lone Pteranadon around earlier so that was pretty cool. Now Max, what's our status...".

"Can you two knuckleheads shut up!?" We both looked down and saw Yasmina, she was had dark circles under her eyes and had her arms crossed, she looked almost deranged. Darius and Brooklynn appeared and looked at us with annoyed looks.

There was a moment of awkward silence as we stared at each other. I quickly took the megaphone and spoke into it. "Well Kenji, our status on camper morale seems to be at all time low. An example would be Sammy isn't laughing at us. Yaz needs to loosen up...".

"Hey!" The athlete threw a random empty water bottle at us. I ducked but it struck Kenji on the forehead.

"Come on guys, you've made enough noise as it is," Darius said. Kenji and I looked at each other before sighing and dropping the megaphone. We climbed down and walked towards everyone sheepishly.

"We thought we could all use some laughs, especially now," I said.

"But did you have to do it so early?" Brooklynn complained, she walked back towards her bed and collapsed into it. "I need more sleep, we've got no coffee to wake me up". Yasmina nodded at me with a smug look and walked back to her own bed.

"Brooklynn I can understand. But you Yaz? I never expected you to be one to sleep in," I said.

Yaz froze for a moment before walking away from her bed and instead walking down the ladder. "Who said I was going to sleep again?" She said, her tone suddenly turning friendly. "Come on, Max, I thought you knew me better than that?" She turned and immediately began running into the jungle.

I watched her leave, tilting my head in confusion. A loud fart sound echoed behind us, we turned around. Sammy had blown a raspberry into the megaphone and was struggling to hold in her laughter. Kenji started laughing with her. Darius and I walked away as the two continued to howl with laughter.

Darius turned to the chalkboard and studied it closely. A map of the park had nailed onto the board with pin with specific parts being circled or crossed out. "So, any new plans?" I asked.