Blood Is Thicker

Mr Mills watched the locater beacon of his ship get further and further away from the island. He was trying to calm his nerves as he assured himself that they had gotten away. They had really cut it close. A few more seconds and the eruption would have consumed them all, and he would be left holding the bag. Finally, almost all the pieces were in place, but first, there were still a few more things to take care of first.

His desk phone suddenly beeped with a new message. "Mr Mills. Your guest has arrived". Mills was on his feet within a second and marched out of his office. The last thing he wanted was to keep someone like him waiting.

Mills sped walked down to the room with the dinosaur diorama's and saw a man staring at one of the displays. The mans hands were clasped behind his back, an air of impatience emanating from him. Mills took a moment to straighten his hair and clothes before marching forward.

"Mr Gunnar Eversol," he said to announce his arrival. The man turned around and ignored Mills' outstretched hand. "I just want to say what an honour it is to work with someone of your stature...".

Gunnar interrupted him by lifting his hand. "Sorry. Where are the dinosaurs?" He asked.

"The assets are... on their way. They'll be within the day," Mills said, hoping that would put his troubles to rest.

"Oh, so am I meant to be selling these ones?" Gunnar asked sarcastically, pointing at the various displays around them. "Sorry, but I don't work with amateurs. So I'm going to contact my buyers and call this off". 

Mills rushed forward as Gunnar pulled out his phone. "The boat is carrying over twenty species, each one in prime condition. Whatever your buyers want, we will have. I estimate five million per animal".

Gunnar looked up with disdain. "Five million is a boring Tuesday where I come from".

Mills still had one more trick up his sleeve, and he knew this was one Gunnar could not turn down. "Of course that will only be our first round of assets, but the next will be far more. All this is just a prelude to something even greater. Jurassic World, the island. All that is in the past. I want to show you the future".

Gunnar paused for just a moment as he thought about it within his head. "I'll give you ten minutes," he finally said.

Mills wasted no time and asked him to follow him. The two of them walked toward a pair of steel doors on the far side of the room. "The auction, selling the Isla Nublar dinosaurs is all to fund our future projects right here". Unknown to the two of them, a pair of eyes were watching them from behind a pedestal holding a collection of raptor claws. Masie watched as Mills typed a code into a keypad and the doors opened, revealing an elevator. "We've repaired and refurbished the underground labs to continue our work in absolute secrecy". The two walked inside and the doors closed behind them. Masie made a mental note of the code.

After going down into a sub level, the doors opened and the two men stepped out into a massive facility. There were two levels, the top level, the one they were on was fit with all kinds of laboratory gear, below a mezzanine balcony, was a concrete corridor with cages lining both sides of the room with a massive hydraulic door at the end of the hall. 

"Please, this way," Mills said. 

He steered the two of them into one of the many labs and continued. "Society is beginning to realise their ways are obsolete. The one thing that stays as a certainty is that man is inevitably drawn to war and will do just about anything to win it".

Gunnar eyes were now filled with interest. "You're going to weaponize the dinosaurs?"

"We've been using animals in war for centuries," Mills said, confirming Gunnar's assumption. "Birds relayed messages, Elephants were once used as siege engines. The Germans even used rats to carry diseases behind enemy lines. But what we're looking for is so much more than that. We are lookimg for the perfect weapon, one with all kinds of advantages that regular soldiers are completely helpless. Something like the animal that took down Jurassic World".