Clean Break

A/N: This chapter might feel a bit low effort at times, that was because this chapter has quite a bit of filler in it, which isn't where I want to be wanted to be devoting effort. Luckily this was the last chore-ish chapter, which means we're back to the stuff that matters next time.

A Few Hours Earlier That Same Day

A large, military grade sea plane was coming in low to the docks of Isla Nublar, it landed smoothly on the water by the dock, opening its side door for someone to climb in. 

The docks were now packed with shipping containers on the backs of trucks. Their doors were open with ramps coming down, allowing easy access for their cargo: The dinosaurs, which were standing on the deck while their selected human guided them with their controllers.

After throwing his Baryonyx some chunks of meat, Jax walked it into the container and shut the door behind it, smacking the back of the door with his hand and stepping back. In the drivers seat, Hawkes reversed out and drove down the dock, driving onto a lowered platform on the boat. The platform raised the truck onto the main deck of the boat.

Dodgson and Daniel were headed towards the sea plane, side by side as Dodgson looked at the operation happening around him. "I got to hand it to you, Daniel. You put on a heck of a show," he said as he walked past Toro, towering above him.

"When this kind of money's on the table, I can move mountains," Daniel smiled. He stepped in front of Dodgson and offered his hand out. "Two weeks and I'll have the control chips and assets ready for you".

Dodgson didn't shake his hand. "About that, for the price I've quoted you, I'm going to need a little more," he said. He put his hand on Kon's shoulder to reassure him as his face held surprise.

"Nothing fancy, just some DNA samples from some Nublar assets. I just don't see the point in putting in such a big order of control chips if BioSyn won't have the dinosaurs to use them on". Dodgson smile grew as he said his next sentence, he had thought about it and decided if Kon was just handing him over, then why not take him up on it. "Plus, it never hurts to have some backups in case we ever want to push the limits on that Max kid you're talking about".

Daniel was pleased and even happier than before. After Molina's betrayal, Kon had told him all about Max, the superhuman who was currently trapped back on his own island. The idea of a gene-spliced human interested Dodgson to say the least, and he wanted proof of what this child could do. Mr Kon agreed, once he got back, he could put the child through trials to see just how much potential he held.

"Of course," Kon said. Finally that kid was showing his worth, he could charge as much as he wanted and Dodgson would have no choice but to accept it. There would never be another who held the same potential as Max did. "Once his control chip has taken over, he'll be ready for tests and transportation, right to your doorstep along with the rest of the package. I'll secure the samples before we leave".

"Thanks again for this. You never know when someone's going to stab you in the back," Dodgson said as he gestured to his backpack. The two walked past Kenji, who was back into his blue shirt and shorts, picking up a controller and walking over to Toro. "This a loyal son you got here, Daniel. You raised him right".

Kenji was surprised to feel his fathers arm around him again. "I see more of myself in him every day". Kenji squinted at the ground. Whatever happened to 'I'm still just a child'?