Safe Harbour

When we had returned to the shore, the boat was still there. We jumped onto the rocks and approached the boat carefully, we had all changed into swimmers, I had simple blue board shorts on and was shirtless, Darius and Kenji were dressed the same. Ben however, kept his clothes on and only took his shoes off. The girls were in there own swimmers. "Stay sharp, guys," Darius said, "for all we know Tiff could still be in there".

"We saw Baryonyx's attack her boat. I don't think she could have survived that," Brooklynn said.

"She was a skilled hunter, she knew how to aim," I said, "I speak from experience," I looked down at myself , referring to the small mark that was left over from when she shot me, I was glad it had finally healed up. I walked closer to the shore and stared out at the boat. This was it, all that was left was swimming to the boat.

I jumped into the water first and swam towards the boat. The others followed me, except for Bumpy who couldn't swim. It was a little difficult to get out there, water kept getting in my mouth as I swam further out. Eventually I reached the boat and climbed up the back of it and onto the deck. I waited for everyone else to arrive, then I walked straight to the bridge, if Tiff was still alive, I would be the one to find her. I ignored the claw marks that dotted the ground and opened the door to the bridge. Inside, broken glass littered the floor, along with broken pieces of metal and to top it all off, small drops of blood here and there. The place just screamed the word death at me, the Baryonyx's gave Tiff no mercy, they wanted nothing left of her because of what she had done to their child. I remembered the last thing she had said to us.

"You are going to rot here, you little brats!" How quickly that turned around on her was almost cruel, almost. I shook my head and walked into the control room, the panel was busted, the compass and GPS were broken along with a bunch of other important looking dials, to make it even worse it also looked like we were low on fuel. We would have to find a way to repair at least some of these things to be able to get back to the mainland. Darius walked in next to me and inspected the control panel.

"The control panel's busted up," he said.

"And so is the radio," I said as I picked up a hunk of metal that was once the radio and inspected it closely, "and we're also low on gas".

Sammy walked in right as I said that, "did you tap it?" She asked, "they always tap it," she tapped on the gas dial and the arrow went down even further. "Huh, well now we're really sure".

"So we got a boat, we just can't use the boat," Ben said from the doorway.

"Okay, the northwest dock is right around that bend," Darius said as he pointed to small stretch of land poking out from the island. "If we can somehow make it there, maybe we can find more gas and whatever else we need to get us off the island".

I walked back down to the deck where I had last seen the others and turned a corner just in time to see Kenji burst from a door, scaring the life out of Brooklynn and Darius. Once they realised it was him, they got angry and shouted at him.

"It was awesome!" Kenji said as he fell back laughing, "you should have seen your faces!"

"The height of comedy," Ben said with a bored look, "I'm going to head back to shore, grab our clothes, Bumpy and I will meet you guys back at the dock".

"Guess the only question is, who's driving the boat?" Yasmina asked.

Kenji reappeared from the inside of the boat with a sailors cap. "You mean whose dad has a yacht club membership and just found this killer hat?" He stuck the cap on his head and bowed, "Captain Kenji at your service".

"Ah, but wait right there," I said, I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and gazed out onto the horizon, "no captain is complete without a crew or in other words, a first mate, together the Captain and I will plunder all landlubbers who dare come before us". I looked back at Kenji and I couldn't hold the gaze, Kenji and I burst out laughing and climbed up the ladder back to the control room. Inside, Kenji tried the keys that were still inside, it didn't work. He flipped a few switches and buttons and tried the key again, more aggressively this time, the engine started up with loud roar. He laughed in victory, we high-fived and Kenji began to drive us to the dock.