Sub-Level Connection

A/N: That moment when you write a long story but now have to change a bunch of stuff you wrote in earlier chapters because of new plot points in the new season. The season 4 chapters are already underway but for now, have this small chapter to hype you up.

"So let me get this straight," I said, standing up and walking over to the blackboard and staring at the small map in the bottom corner. "You want us to go back into the tunnels".

"Yep," Brooklynn answered with a nod.

"In the hopes that somehow a working phone will be down there".

"Correct".

"Even though that place is a living death trap and a prison because of all those security doors".

Brooklynn huffed before turning to the others, who were also crowded around and listening to our plan. "Look, I know the tunnels have been working against us for a long time".

"That's an understatement," Yasmina jumped in.

"But I think I've finally mapped enough of the tunnels to determine where the central intersection will be, there's sure to be something there," Brooklynn said with a confident smile. I sat back down and thought for a moment. It was true, it had been a few weeks since the helicopter failure, in that time. Brooklynn has really taken the lead on her own plan. She's been working night and day to map out the tunnels in the hopes that a primary control centre exists somewhere inside.

"I mean, what if she's right?" Kenji said. The six of us turned around and stared at him with the most shocked expressions. "What?" He asked with a shrug.

"It's just that you never believe a plan will work unless it's your own," Darius said.

"Exactly," Kenji said as he stood up. "We've gotten destroyed by pretty much every single dinosaur on this stinking island, so if Brooklynn says she's got a plan that'll work, I think it's worth a shot. I mean, aside from dying, we've got nothing to lose".

"Yeah, but I don't think anyone here wants to die," I said. "Maybe we should think if something else".

"Why are you so insistent on staying?" Kenji asked me. That caught me off guard for a moment. Sure I wanted to be safe, but did I really want to stay here? No, of course not. But I couldn't deny that I felt like I had a string connection to the island, one I couldn't explain or understand.

"I'm not," I replied a little quickly. "I just... want to go about this the right way".

"Max is right," Ben said. "The tunnels aren't the way, I think we should just wait until we come up with something really good".

"After the helicopter, we can't afford to just wait around again, we're running out of options and our food won't last us forever," Darius said. He pointed to our pile of supplies next to the base. It had begun to get smaller and smaller recently as our usual stock places to replenish it had been cleaned out. "It's getting harder and harder to find food and it's only a matter of time before a carnivore finds our camp".

"The carnivores don't live up here," Kenji said. "We're too close to the edge of the island".

"All it takes is just one big dinosaur to follow us here and it's all over," Darius pressed. "I'm talking base destroyed, supplies ruined and campers hurt or worse!"

"Then we've got no choice," Kenji said. "We're following Brooklynn into those tunnels, we'll find a phone and call for help, right?"

"Right," Brooklynn said. "I'll copy my map so we don't get lost down there, I've got a good feeling about this guys. Trust me".