Casa De Kenji

The boat rocked roughly again and I slammed against the railing, nearly falling over the edge. It had been doing this since yesterday, ever since we had escaped the Ouranosauruses at the northwest dock. I was almost certain we were sinking though I couldn't be sure. I walked to the front of the boat and peeked over the railing. Darius was tied to a rope suspended just above the water, he was trying patch the hole in the boat again with new tape, the old ones were already peeling off. "Hurry up, Darius!," Kenji yelled from the bridge, "we got to patch that up quick before we drift out to sea or we get smashed against those rocks". Darius taped the last new piece of tape onto the boat and tugged on the rope. The girls, who were holding the rope, pulled on it and helped him back up.

"We got to fix that hole or the gas will be the least of our problems, We have to find a new place to dock quickly," Darius said.

"I thought having no GPS would be the least of our problems," Kenji said as he climbed down the ladder and approached them.

"And not to put a new problem on top of all the doom and gloom," Yasmina said, "but I'm pretty sure we're sinking". The boat rocked again and we dipped further down.

"No, that's just the multi-thousand pound dinosaur we have with us," Kenji said, he pointed to Bumpy sitting on the edge of the boat. Ben whispered words of reassurance to Bumpy with a smile and petted her head.

"Isn't there some non-dinosaur infested dock we can get to?" Ben asked.

Brooklynn walked up to us, she had a map in hand. "The closest dock is the south docks, but that's on the other side of the island, we'll never make it. We're doomed and gloomed," she groaned.

"Wait!" Kenji said, his face brightening. "There is another dock, a private dock not far from here that doesn't show on any maps". He walked to the railing and pointed out to the island. "The private docks near the p-house!"

We stared at him in confusion. "Um, I went before we left," Ben said. I held back the laughter that threatened to come up.

"No, not that kind of-," Kenji said, "my dads penthouse, there's a private pier and everything, the docks that lead to it are near us. We can dock there and search for supplies".

"Why didn't you tell us about this sooner?" Yasmina asked.

"Well, to be fair, I kind of forgot, but now I remember and we have a magic key card to get inside so...meh," Kenji replied.

"That penthouse could have everything we need," Darius said.

"Will have everything we need," Kenji said, "my dad loves nautical junk, he's got a whole room filled with it".

"Guess that settles it," I said, "looks like it's off to the p-house!"

"To the p-house!" Everyone yelled in unison and then started laughing.

0O0

I bit my lip as we approached the private dock while looking at the gas dial, it was completely empty and the engine was sputtering. We made it to the dock right as the engine ran out of fuel. "That's it, we're out of gas, Max, do your thing," Kenji said. I nodded and ran out of the control room, I jumped off the boat and ran for the nearest anchor on the dock. Yasmina threw me a rope from the deck of the boat, I caught it mid-air and crouched down at the anchor, I tied the rope around the anchor and gave the others a thumbs up. The others stepped off the boat and walked up the dock towards the jungle. There was a wide dirt road leading away in to the trees, I made to walk along it but Kenji threw his arm out and stopped me. He pointed to my right, I turned and saw several Segway's lined up near a shed. I had never used a Segway before, I was excited. We all grabbed one and began the drive to the penthouse. "When we travel to the p-house," Kenji said, "we travel in style, it's only a short ride away".