[1] Karl [1]

June 14th, 9:02am

"I need you to tell me how."

It was the day she ran away, Princess Y/N was sat in the library with Karl Jacobs, who recently revealed himself as a time traveller who isn't meant to be in the time zone. Y/N was persistent, trying to figure out how he could do these sorts of things.

"I- I don't think I should" Karl Jacobs mumbled, keeping an eye for the grand oak door that led them to this place. "I know a lot of things, that normal people shouldn't."

"I want to know these things as well" Y/N pressed on, trying to find something. Before it dawned on her. "Wait, you know about.."

Karl hummed, not keeping eye contact with the girl who faltered. "And you aren't stopping me?" 

"Why would I? Time needs this to happen" He mumbled the last part, a little choke in his words. Y/N only catching onto a couple of them.
"Time? What would happen if I don't?"

"Bad.. things. I shouldn't be even talking to you in this moment." He stepped away from her.

"What do you mean? I-"

He left. The slam of the oak door breaking silence. Leaving her in the library, alone with the thoughts of only time travel. The badge of the horned man out her head, until it was too late.

----

Present Time..

"I love you" Y/N said for the tenth time in the last twenty minutes, she can't seem to say anything else. The girl had learned her mistake of not saying it sooner. So now she is saying it any second she could, to made sure he knew.

It made Dream chuckle, his hands cupping her chin with a warm smile, placing a soft kiss on her temple, she hates how it makes her stutter and freeze, giving him more of the satisfaction.
They were still standing on the elevated place with the wedding arch, the wedding she just ruined between her lover and Isabella; a different royal that hates her guts. 

Dream wiped her eyes with his thumbs, then he noticed the scrapes and scratches. He started tracing over the marks on her face with a dull look. "Who hurt you?" Gravel in his voice, like a threat to whoever did it.

Y/N eyes widened, she forgot about that. Moving her face to the door and out of his hands, they weren't there. She couldn't see them. They chased her, they were right behind her. Dream noticed her panicked state,  "Hey hey hey, you okay?" Dream asked with concern, looking where she was and back at her. 

"I'm fine, just. Got scratched by something," She brushed it off, turning her attention back to him with one last cautious glance. Y/N was sure he would protect her, or at least the palace guards.
"You sure?" He was still looking at the door with confusion, going back to her eyes after.

Y/N hummed, "Sorry, about um. Ruining your big day" She changed the subject, a bit of light humour in her words.
"Yeah, don't worry about it" He sighed, "Didn't like her anyway, already have someone I was waiting for." With a wink he hugged her, tightly. Like he was going to lose her again, she winced slightly at the force and her wounds, but melted into it.

Lose her again. Just the thought made him falter. But she was here. Y/N was in his arms, yet again. He didn't realise how much he missed this.

----

"Hello, I am Karl Jacobs. A time traveller" Karl spoke after a monument of silence, now it was Y/N's turn to be surprised. "I am mostly staying here until I realise how I can save y-"